12 most common pitfalls of insuring your rental property

Hi everyone

Hopefully this won't be considered spam, I'm sure a moderator will delete if inappropriate. I often get asked questions through this forum in regard to insurance related matters and always try to pass on the most balanced info that I can.

I've just completed an ebook called the "12 most common pitfalls of insuring your rental property", it's not rocket science but contains some simple tips on things to look out for. It's free of course but you do need to subscribe to our free monthly property management/landlord newsletter to get it (The RentCover Report). Of course if you just want the ebook and not the newsletter you could just unsubscribe then once you get your first edition (although it does contain some pretty interesting stuff most of the time).

If you would like to get it simply go to the subscribe page here.

Make sure you confirm your subscription when you get an email response or else it won't be completed.

If you are already a subscriber to The RentCover Report and would like a copy just send me a private message with your email address and I will send you one.

Once again, it's only a simple read but does air a few things that come up in these forums from time to time, so hopefully it will be found to be useful.

Point 12 is interesting, why anyone would not have insurance is beyond me. I have been laid up in a hospital bed for a month and off work for 6 without losing money, so I guess I have a different outlook. All in all good cover of what some people might skip over till the insurance doesn't come through.

wouldn't having no insurance be point 1? so assuming it isn't, what is worse than no insurance?

They're in no particular order except in fact the "no insurance" being the ultimate point, hence is listed last. Definitely the worst case scenario, some insurance, any insurance, is better than none at all. But it's quite scary how many people continue to be uninsured, even the number that own businesses that don't insure at all or simply don't insure correctly.

In regard to homes you've only got to watch the news reports following natural disasters such as a major bushfire, and see how many are highlighted as devastated because they didn't have insurance. Some people just always believe it will never happen to them.

In regard to homes you've only got to watch the news reports following natural disasters such as a major bushfire, and see how many are highlighted as devastated because they didn't have insurance. Some people just always believe it will never happen to them.

Some believe they can't afford it, others believe they can't afford not to have it

Back