14 Day school holiday RENO

Found the house after 6 months of searching was able to arrange settlement on the last week of school just in time for school holidays.

Had also access to house 1 week before settlement for measuring but this time was more of a pain as the owner was over who keen to give me his ideas on what I should do to the house and did not leave me alone to get on with it.

The plan :
Remove carpets
Paint interior
re-tile both bathrooms
Remove and install new Kitchen
Install downlight entire house
New door handles
paint pergola
Oven gas top
remove shade cloth and install polycarbonate
install Venetians blinds
install garage door.

SHOPPING
Great deal on mis-tint paint Cheers to the young chap who stuffed up 100l of grey got it for $22 per 10l ended up buying 80L

Door handles ebay $22 each

Gas top and electric oven ebay $700 including del from Melbourne to Perth

Flooring $38 sqm rubber strips/wood look hardwearing.

Blinds best price Custom blinds $400 cheaper than anybody else.

Airless spray $140 2days hire

Changes to Plan after property manager told me the expected rent was $50 less than I expected :
NO new Kitchen got the top painted ThermoGlaze
No garage door or polycarbonate to pergola
No time for re-tile to bathrooms
Hope to do some of the above for increases in rent and value adding for refinance.

TOTAL $10,000 spent on Reno

Tenants in house 13days after completion $400 week

Attachments

• front1.jpg
    front1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 89
  • P7060499.jpg
    P7060499.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 99
  • kitchen.jpg
    kitchen.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 112
Well done.

Can I ask how much the ThermoGlaze cost and how large the bench top is? Seems like a easy/good looking approach.

Cheers
Greg

great work welshman

Any idea of the increase in equity and/or rental income you achieved?

How did you go with the airless spraygun?

Thermoglaze cost $950 Iv attached the diagram of the kitchen top. If I was to do again I would not pick the color black it shows up every spec of dust that lands on it would be a nightmare for the tenants to keep clean :(

Attachments

• kitchen-top-Davies.001_2.jpg
    kitchen-top-Davies.001_2.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 55
My guess the equity increase of $25,000 But will have to wait 6 months before I can get the bank to reassess.

The rent increase not sure but have written in the lease that after 6 months an minimum increase of $30.

The airless spray gun that I hired was the easiest and most rewarding part of the 2 weeks even tho I only sprayed the ceiling and cornice then cut in the walls (The worst part of the 2 weeks).

Note to self SPRAY WALL AND CEILING AND DOORS FRAMES SAME COLOR. will save 4days of work !!

Back