$17K - which car ?

a 1999 camry should have the 1MZFE V6 still? one of the strongest and over engineered engines on the planet. folk in the states pull 500,000 out of these without so much as a freshen up - just oil, filters and that timing belt at 100k intervals(which is dead easy to change yourself) and you're done.

I agree a 99 Camry V6 should last a very long time. I drive one myself! Just did an oil and oil filter change over the weekend and it's still running smooth at 243,000kms.

Another vote for Toyota Camry here!
Had one for about 3 years (2005 model) and hasn't missed a beat yet. Need to sell though as it isn't quite big enough as we are having another baby (number 3!!) so are looking at maybe a Klueger or similar.

I drove a camry last year when i was looking to buy a car for about 17k and i found it the single most boring car i had ever driven. I settled on a 2007 mitsubuishi 380 vrx for 16k that had 40,000 on the clock and had all the extras, side airbags, alloy wheels sports steering wheel and seats etc etc it is a very very nice car to drive. It will last me about 10 years id say similar to my last couple of cars but this is a lot more comfortable to get around in.

Either a Honda or a Toyota.
Had a 1983 Honda Civic for years (got it in the late 90's), passed it onto my little brother (born in 1985) a couple of years ago and he eventually killed it - not before doing another 80000k on it (had about 200,000k to begin with).
Have had Toyota's since then (corolla, RAV4 and now a troopie (my dream car!) - love them, can't kill them, great to drive and cheap to maintain.

yeah that Justen's - nice bit of kit - has done a lot of work since then.

There's an AWD ford sierra in the UK with an M90 supercharged 1UZ under the bonnet too....

yeah that Justen's - nice bit of kit - has done a lot of work since then.

There's an AWD ford sierra in the UK with an M90 supercharged 1UZ under the bonnet too....

You know Justen too?
I've known him for a few years now - through the Toymods forums and personally through all the Toyota social events (particularly toyota nationals).
18 months ago the GT8 had an M90 too (unveiled at the 2008 Toyota Nationals)! Aparently that was a little too ridiculous :rolleyes:

Unfortunately the engine finally died at a Wakefield park track day i went to back in June. Cyl.5 finally packed it in.

But here is a testament to Toyota over-engineering: All other cylinders have only 5% leakdown!!!
... thats an unopened import-wrecker 1UZ-FE, which has been abused at countless WSID drag nights, even more wakefield park track days - all the while producing over 300rwkW.

i think we just fried people's minds dude - i'll bet 97% of folk on here have no idea what 300rwkw stands for, or what WSID stands for, or what 5% leakdown is.

impressive figures - even for a toyo engine!

i'm Pro from Lextreme.

i think we just fried people's minds dude - i'll bet 97% of folk on here have no idea what 300rwkw stands for, or what WSID stands for, or what 5% leakdown is.

impressive figures - even for a toyo engine!

i'm Pro from Lextreme.

Don't you make me whip out my Skyline pics...
OK, you twisted my arm...:D

Attachments

• 2006_0514Image0004_edited.JPG
    2006_0514Image0004_edited.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 2006_0806Image0008.JPG
    2006_0806Image0008.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 2006_0806Image0011.JPG
    2006_0806Image0011.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 65
nice number plate boods! but on two different cars? :confused:

Yeah, same plates mate. Unfortunatley I dont own any of them cars anymore :( I tend to change cars quite often!
but am on the look out for a nice R33 GTR so I can have another "home" for my plates!

For under 17K, you will get a late model EGAS (dedicated LPG) Falcon in great condition. Espescially if you're doing 60000kms a year, you will not find a more comfortable, safe or economical car (cheaper on fuel than a Corolla), for the money.

as long as you wind the drive circuit screw in about 4 turns, and wind the idle circuit screw out 3 turns on the mixer.

otherwise they're pigs on gas - no one knows how to tune them - not even Ford.

am on the look out for a nice R33 GTR so I can have another "home" for my plates!

You know you want a R34. Can get a clean one for about 40k these days :p

Me personally, I'd like an FD RX7 but it'll have to wait a few years yet. I want my investments to buy my toys for me :D

Back