18 yr old guy, 14 yr old girl

So because you assume she would go behind your back and see the boyfriend, you wouldn't try to stop her at 14 :eek:.

Most 14yo girls I know would not be having sex with 18yo boys because parental supervision and guidance has been good.

When this does happen word gets around, and my experience is most people think it's unacceptable - this includes the older boys.
They were never in that situation at 14. At that age, wherever they went, we checked where they were going by calling the appropriate people- parents, teachers etc. By 16 they were getting more latitude- but they were really pushing the boundaries by then. As they showed responsibility, they were given latitude.

Having said that, the younger one flew to Mexico by herself at 14, and attended school there for 7 months under the supervision of her grandparents.

Both were travelling the world by themselves at 19, and although I know they will be doing things we don't approve of, I know that they have learnt responsibility and independence, and they can look after themselves in the world.

I was a teenager during the 1970s.
Grew up in a place where everyone knew everyone.
Most of the 14 yr old girls dated guys 19-20yrs old.
It wasn't uncommon, nor disapproved by our parents.

If it was an 18 yo girl and a 14 yo boy would we be having the same conversation? :p

Absolutely!

14 is 14 whether you are a boy or a girl.

My 18yo son recently wanted to go to his year 12 formal with a girl a few years older than him who was at uni. While I didnt say no, I did question what she was doing with someone still in highschool. I found it weird but at his age not illegal.

I have been told I am slightly overprotective :rolleyes:

Ok,
Some people i know who are in my sporting club, an 18 yr old guy is dating a 14 yr old girl.

Now when i was 18 i know what i wanted !!!

Parents dont seem to mind either - are they serious ? Is it because hes a star at the sport they all play and represented victoria or what?

What are your thoughts?

BTW - the girl seems a normal 14 yr old girl, shes got a 14 yr old maturity as well and body.
So what do you intend to do,ring up the police i'm sure they would be interested:rolleyes:,but after bringing up 4 girls 14 these days is very different from 20 years ago..

I don't have official stats handy but I think you'll find more than 50% of girls in the 13-14yo group are sexually active. Apparently oral sex is now very popular amongst teens who still wish to preserve their virginity and it's not regarded as a sex act (Bill Clinton endorsed this and it was taken up by popular culture).

So what do you intend to do,ring up the police i'm sure they would be interested:rolleyes:,but after bringing up 4 girls 14 these days is very different from 20 years ago..

I intend to do nothing. I think it's a social issue that is of good debate.
Also this girl isnt a tramp that you see at the local shopping centre with a mini on.

I intend to do nothing. I think it's a social issue that is of good debate.
Also this girl isnt a tramp that you see at the local shopping centre with a mini on.

What if it was the other way around and the young lady was 18 and the young man was 14,what do you think his father and mother would think?

What if it was the other way around and the young lady was 18 and the young man was 14,what do you think his father and mother would think?

Same thing, but I would argue a 14 yr old guy with and 18 year old girl is more socially acceptable than the other way around.

Why guys have been taking advantage of women for sex for centuries.

So every girl with a mini skirt on is a tramp and every 18yo male is only interested in having a girlfriend for sex?

That's some view you have there Shaneelastic, perhaps not all share the same.

I do actually know someone who was charged with statutory rape. He was about 20 and he got his 15yo girlfriend pregnant (twins).

Went to court, but cant remember what the outcome was.

So every girl with a mini skirt on is a tramp and every 18yo male is only interested in having a girlfriend for sex?

That's some view you have there Shaneelastic, perhaps not all share the same.

Thtas my view and I'm entitled too it.
When your 14 yr old daughter comes home with an 18 yr old guy let me know how you feel.

Serious scenario, 18yo guy dating a 14yo guy. Or 18yo girl and 14yo girl . Anyone here with a gay child and opinion on the age difference in that instance?

I know a 17 yo girl dating a 26 yo guy. I find it pretty disturbing coz I know she's being used. Girl's Mum cares but can't/won't do anything about it. Her father is nowhere to be seen.

Also know a 25 yo guy who is/was dating a 17 yo guy (gay). Was very clear the older guy was using the younger guy for sex (he's a bit young looking I guess and that's why). Younger guy had a troubled childhood and it appears to led to this sort of belief that it's what he wants. Was quite obvious that it's not.

When my son starts dating, my advice to him will be that much younger girls will sometimes idolise you, and that although this is normal, taking advantage of it is wrong.

Back