1997 era light and PowerPoint combo?

Hi,
I bought a property. It came with this light switch and electrical Powerpoint combo but the faceplate is cracked and I don't know where I can get a replacement (other than trying the neighbours if/when they decide to upgrade). Any idea where else I can get this faceplate? I think it looks nice except for the cracks. I think it's around 1997 era because that's when the building was strata-ed.
I don't want to modernise it because most of the other power points in the apartment match this one and I think it looks nice (bit nicer than the ones I see everyday anyway).
Cheers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 120
Sorry but I think that is one ugly looking set-up (and have never seen one before either :eek:).

Is it near a door at chest height to turn on the overhead light in a room? If so, why would you want a power point there?

Last edited:
HPM linea single power point with extra switch.

New style ones have switches next to it, but not above it.

You may find some with old stock

1300-369-777

I got some old electrical bits (amazing that 1997 is now 'old') once from a wholesaler in Leichhardt - LEW (Leichhardt Electrical Wholesalers).
The bloke had to go looking in some old boxes somewhere out the back. I took along a six pack to encourage him in his search.
There might be a wholesaler near you with old stock somewhere.

Sorry but I think that is one ugly looking set-up (and have never seen one before either :eek:).

Is it near a door at chest height to turn on the overhead light in a room? If so, why would you want a power point there?

I just looked at the photo on the big screen. My reply was looking at it on an iPhone and I didn't notice the tiles. So I guess it must be in the kitchen or bathroom. I still think I would replace with a different type, more modern.

If you spend money on an old fashioned switch (without going really retro) I think that is a mistake. Isn't it better to aim for replacing things with modern as they need it (assuming one day you may modernise the rest of the fittings as well?)

I have 3 of these power points in my garage. Pulled them out of a house I renovated. It's a shame you're not in Melbourne.

Hi all,
Yes, it's in a bathroom. I just think it matches the others in the property so that's why I want to keep it. I like the feel of the switch (satisfying shape) in this more than more modern ones. I'll check out the links. Thanks!

Back