2 acres south of Newcastle. what to do?

Hey guys Im posting this on behalf of my parents. More the fact that my dad is to stubborn to do any kind of DD! :)

My parents own outright a 2 acre block in Bonnells bay NSW, mostly vacant land a few trees up the back. it has a 1960s house on it that is ready to be demolished due to termites and water damage, a separate 4 car garage, and with no fence around the boundary.
They had it valued at 400k in 2010 with no value to the house because it was seen as a cost to remove it.. My dad just wants to get rid of the property and doesn't think he will get much more than that for it.

There are literally developments going up around his ears. . property's in the area that are smaller that my dads now have 10 or more houses on them!!

I don't know much about property or development, but I do know there are ways to maximize his return, be in through subdivision or whatnot im not sure..

That's why Im here to ask the lovely people of SS from some suggestions!

from what I can see they are making a mistake if they sell the property "as is"

Cheers!

Best to get some valuations or speak with real estate agents.
I would have thought $400 is cheap , A 600sqm block in the new estates is well over 200 grand.
Young Lawson seems to sell the expensive stuff in the Morisset area.

yeah I have been telling him to do that for a while now. Im going to see if I can organise something for him just to show that he has options

cheers for the reply!!

2010 was a long time ago. The site would most likely appeal to a developer BUT they generally want to get it for as low as possible.

I wouldn't recommend trying to cut the blocks up yourself. It is long, time consuming, expensive and stressful. You could end up spending $150k just dividing up, getting in infrastructure etc

Go find the local gun REA and see if they will appraise it

perhaps go talk to the developer of the new area(s) and ask if they are interested in another opportunity...

Ill give you 450k for it!

Just kidding. Send me a pm if you want to sell. Got heaps of people lookjng for a medium level developemnt

Back