2 Bedroom House - Inner City Melbourne

sorry Y-Man but that is not Parkville. That's Flemington, in spite of the official name. It's like saying 'Parkville Gardens' is Parkville - it's not Parkville, it's pretty much Brunswick

Still meets the 5km radius thing the original poster was looking for yes?

(Anything wrong with Flemington?)

The Y-man

sorry Y-Man but that is not Parkville. That's Flemington, in spite of the official name.

Actually, according to Australia Post and the Melway, it is Parkville - whether you agree with the urban boundaries or not. Probably so as not to be confused with the Church Street that is in Flemington.
And I agree with Y-Man, what's wrong with Flemington?:)

There's nothing particularly 'wrong' with Flemington, but there's things less 'right' with it. People pay more for Parkville than they would in Flemington - maybe because they want to avoid living next to Housing Commission flats and factories?

Mmm. Yeah, that must also be tough in Carlton and Port Melbourne and South Melbourne and Williamstown and Richmond. Poor poppets:rolleyes:

The average person probably doesn't want to live across the road from them sure, but I can see 3 huge commission high rises from the terrace of my townhouse. The closest one is about 3 blocks away and I live one street from the corner of Bridge Rd & Church St.

You can't avoid the flats if you want to live inner city really. If anything, I find the differing levels of income and background adds loads to the flavour of the area and I actually like it - seriously.

Well of course you can. East Melb and Parkville spring to mind already. There's a reason why they're priced higher, and commission flats probably aren't the only reasons. You get what you pay for. The problem is actualy when people self-delude themselves and harp on about how their place is 'undervalued'

Sniff...sniff....is that Burberry is smell....er make it Deltaberry.....;)

Sash & Crash, the last time I checked, Melton, Werribee/Hoppers, Wagga Wagga are not in inner city Melbourne...

You might need to sell a few of those $200K houses in Werribee/Hoppers, whoops, let me correct myself, I mean regional Victoria before we start talking about affording the front fence of a Richmond 2 bedroom single fronted terrace. I think you might need to dip into your superannuation if you want to upgrade to East Melbourne.

I can afford to buy in East Melbourne. I can afford to live in East Melbourne. I deliberately chose to live in Richmond - commission flats and all. It's called community spirit and Richmond has it in SPADES thanks to all it's 'nasty' attributes. The immigrant family shop at the same supermarket Rove does. And that's just the way I like it.

Sash & Crash, the last time I checked, Melton, Werribee/Hoppers, Wagga Wagga are not in inner city Melbourne...

You might need to sell a few of those $200K houses in Werribee/Hoppers, whoops, let me correct myself, I mean regional Victoria before we start talking about affording the front fence of a Richmond 2 bedroom single fronted terrace. I think you might need to dip into your superannuation if you want to upgrade to East Melbourne.

The average income is higher, there are more poeple in full time work, and of those people there are more professionals in Richmond, than say, Brunswick, but you seem to think buying there is a good idea. I've seen far more undesirable types getting around Brunswick than I have in Richmond.

I've lived in Richmond for 6 years (not there any more) and quite enjoyed it. Sure there are some parts that are less desirable than others, every suburb is like that, but on the scale of it I wouldnt rate it that badly.

As far as prices go for property in Richmond, thats another story, its not exactly cheap at the moment!

<cue personal insults from Deehwa, Azaar.. oops theredbaron)>

The average income is higher, there are more poeple in full time work, and of those people there are more professionals in Richmond, than say, Brunswick, but you seem to think buying there is a good idea. I've seen far more undesirable types getting around Brunswick than I have in Richmond.

I've lived in Richmond for 6 years (not there any more) and quite enjoyed it. Sure there are some parts that are less desirable than others, every suburb is like that, but on the scale of it I wouldnt rate it that badly.

As far as prices go for property in Richmond, thats another story, its not exactly cheap at the moment!

<cue personal insults from Deehwa, Azaar.. oops theredbaron)>

I do think buying in Brunswick is a good idea. Why? Do you differ from my point of view? Please do share. Sure, maybe next year property will crash in Brunswick because of your so called ‘undesirable types getting around’, which of course you are implying I am one of them. I will take my chances though and hope for better capital growth in absolute terms than Werribee/Hoppers, Melton or Point Cook (places which it seems you have a vested interest in). Not to mention, I could build a new house on my plot of land and probably give the $1.3-1.4mil price bracket a good nudge given the current market.
Also, I never said Richmond is a bad area, in fact, if you read one of my previous posts, I was considering a purchase on that Coppin St and Charles St terrace house. I probably appreciate Richmond more than you do.
I find you also define property markets in very simplistic terms like ‘cheap’ and ‘expensive’. Mate, that is so baby language. Obviously it is not expensive or unaffordable, or else people will not pay the prices they are fetching. Whether it is overheating is an entire different topic of discussion.
You say Richmond property is not ‘exactly cheap’ at the moment. Well, I can assure you that in several years time, you will probably be saying the same thing.

Just because a neighbouring suburb is leagues cheaper (for example, Surrey Hills and Box Hill) doesn't necessarily call for undervaluation.

Using the the word 'cheap' is baby language??? Maybe I should follow your sophisticated use of the word 'cheaper'.

You say Richmond property is not ‘exactly cheap’ at the moment. Well, I can assure you that in several years time, you will probably be saying the same thing.

You dont have to wait for several years for me to say that, I already have, you quoted me.

<cue for personal insults acted on>

Ok, so now I need the lesson on how to block/ignore certain posters.

Seriously getting to be a real waste of my time :mad:. Living and investing in Melbourne, I am always interested to read the threads in relation to it. Lately though, the personal and immature postings from certain individuals is just excessive. And when they get banned they just come on back in with a different name :(

So, how do I set up to ignore them?

Using the the word 'cheap' is baby language??? Maybe I should follow your sophisticated use of the word 'cheaper'.

You dont have to wait for several years for me to say that, I already have, you quoted me.

<cue for personal insults acted on>

Mate, of course my use of 'cheaper' is more sophisticated. It was used in the context of comparative purposes which is PERFECTLY fine. How else are you going to describe it?

However, your use of 'cheap' is based on an economic principle which is of course, SIMPLISTIC at best. It is indeed different to how you use it because there is no inference on my part in saying whether Surrey Hills or Box Hill is cheap, just that one is more 'expensive' than the other.

LOL DeeHwa I don't know what you are talking about mate - Werribee is super cheap just like a penny stock on the ASX it can go from 1c to 2c in a day double your money bahahahaha

true, then you get the other extreme of not being able to find suitable euphemisms to describe certain suburbs (i.e. Werribee), hahahaha

Back