2 Bedroom House - Inner City Melbourne

Ok, so now I need the lesson on how to block/ignore certain posters.

Seriously getting to be a real waste of my time :mad:. Living and investing in Melbourne, I am always interested to read the threads in relation to it. Lately though, the personal and immature postings from certain individuals is just excessive. And when they get banned they just come on back in with a different name :(

So, how do I set up to ignore them?

Hey Casserole Dish,

Dealing with Troublesome Users
Can I block posts, emails and messages from specific users?

If there are particular members that bother you and you do not want to see their posts or receive Private Messages and Emails from them, then you can add these members to your 'Ignore List'. There are several ways to do this:

Through your User Control Panel: User CP, Settings & Options, Edit Ignore List. Then, click on their name and choose: User List, Add to Ignore List

Cheers,
AV.

I bought in Richmond at the height of the market in late 2007. I'm getting a full bank valuation on Friday. Should be interesting to find out how well it's performed compared to the median rise etc.

I'm looking around Richmond again now and it's tough out there. There must have been 60 people squeezed into a dumpy unrenovated old 2BR flat I checked out last week. Terrible block that needed some serious care too. No one seemed to care.

I love North Melbourne.

In fact, I just bought a place there. The lifestyle is great, on Errol Street alone there are NINE cheap eats champions, I can walk to the Queen Vic and city, employment at hospital, uni high school zone, Melbourne uni nearby, etc.

It was Terry Ryders reports that brought the area to my attention.

Same property in Prahran or similar inner S/SE/E is $50k-100k more. Pretty easy to get a 5% yield either which for 1km out of the city is very good.

I much prefer it to living in Toorak where I lived previously.

I think it's potential is not yet fully represented in the prices.

It's a young and hip area now, and when those young/hip people finish uni and start earning the big $ that's where they'd want to buy.

People in North Melbourne don't make big bucks?

I live there and I do?

Can you please explain further. I just bet half a mil NM will do well.

LOL! Settle down.

I was talking about people who just come out of uni, which is what the poster I quoted was talking about.

Btw, are you young and hip people that poster was referring to? Not 25+ yea?

LOL! Settle down.

I was talking about people who just come out of uni, which is what the poster I quoted was talking about.

Btw, are you young and hip people that poster was referring to? Not 25+ yea?

Weren't you the one saying people make 100k pa + straight out of uni. in another thread?

Or was that your brother DeeWha?

Some do, didn't you know?

But most don't. Again, didn't you know?

Gee I have to explain things everytime... patience, patience**

Not everyone's seen as much as some people.

Relevance?

But if you must, let me have a shot.

I would measure success on the relative impact on people's lives.

And on JIT's point, I wouldn't consider 100k 'big bucks'
But that probably has more to do with your personal expectations. It's like that thread about desirable places to live.

Edit: may I add, at the risk of stirring you guys up more (but everything I say is my personal view and more or less representative of reality), if you earned 100k pa and had 300k savings, you'd probably be able to afford a $1m house. I can tell you if you went to most premium suburbs (not even talking Toorak, just Balwyn Nth, Balwyn, Hawthorn, Kew, Kew East, Canterbury etc) you'd get jack with that.

I would've thought earning big bucks would mean you could at least get a decent house in a decent suburb. Food for thought for the smart ***s

The relevance is that I'm trying to see where you are coming from. You (or someone similar to yourself) seem to bag someone that seems to have a few million dollars worth of property in the not so call desirable suburbs.

I don't want to start a slanging match, but rather am interested in your goals so I can understand where you are coming from with your arguments

Deltaberry said:
I would've thought earning big bucks would mean you could at least get a decent house in a decent suburb. Food for thought for the smart ***s

And the just smart simply go out and use the 100k salary + 300k savings to get several houses in several decent suburbs. :)

Decent is all relative, of course. DeeHwa and you think that Toorak is decent because it offers boasting rights (and a crippling mortgage).

I think Elwood is decent because it is a lovely place by the sea. *shrug* I really don't care about boasting rights because I will be strolling along the beach.

Really it's not about boasting rights. It's just about quality of living, though I must admit boasting rights add to that. You're talking about investing here. I'm talking about quality of life and consummerism. Oh and I use the word quality loosely so don't take offense like some here who appear to have an inferiority complex.

If you earn big bucks you should be able to afford to consume in say Hawthorn, and that consummerism takes place in the form of buying a decent-sized house there. Not that you have to, nor am I saying you should if you have the means.

I'm just saying if you have 100k, you won't be able to afford that. So that's why I don't see 100k as big bucks

The relevance is that I'm trying to see where you are coming from. You (or someone similar to yourself) seem to bag someone that seems to have a few million dollars worth of property in the not so call desirable suburbs.

I don't want to start a slanging match, but rather am interested in your goals so I can understand where you are coming from with your arguments

Well... put it this way, good on them if that's what they have. But you know it's not that special, that's all it is.

If it takes say 15 years to accumulate that, well that's more or less the same as the salaryman with a paid-off mortgage in Cantebury, whose house is worth around the same. That's why I use the Toorak example. He probably paid it off quicker since 15 years ago, his once off purchase probably cost him $600k? Food for thought once again, as salaries inflate (unless you're in an industry like waitering where your career generally hasn't got much upside).

Back