2 Bedroom House - Inner City Melbourne

It's a young and hip area now, and when those young/hip people finish uni and start earning the big $ that's where they'd want to buy.

Wow! Where did all this attitude come from? Past experience repeatedly has shown that you're not going to have an enjoyable time on this forum if you choose to act that way.

Anyway - as you require a more detailed explaination here goes:

I did not infer that people who leave uni start earning big $ immediately.

But, people who go to uni do go on to earn more than people who don't. And much higher % of these go onto to earn 'big $' than people who don't go to uni.

Note, 'big $' is a subjective term - I'd say the average person would think $90-110k is big bucks (of course you and I may have different ideas), which as discussed previously can be achieved within 5 years of completing university.

In fact, was it you who originally argued that 'most' people straight out of uni earn over $100k before you were corrected and the thread closed? Apologies if not, it may have been another poster with a similar name.

At this type of income a nice $400k 2 bed unit with parking can easily be had in North Melbourne.

Lets not forget that most people who opt for the inner city lifestyle don't even begin to think about buying a property until they're reaching 30.

Anyway - the jist of my comment was that it's a good place to buy for investment, just like the Richmonds and Yarravilles before it, yet your comments have spawned about 3 pages of arguing once again.

Hi,

I am looking at property to buy and are after some advice as to which inner city area in Melbourne (ie no more than 5km forom the CBD) is considered to be good value for money that may at the present be undervalued and shows good signs for capital growth. Maybe an area that is to benefit from improved Infrastructure or the like and has good public transport.

I agree with David Mc. Wouldn't it be nice if the OP, who was interested enough to pose the question above, could actually get some kind of answers and information from one of these threads for once?
It's a shame to see any question about Melbourne hijacked and morphed into ''well you should just buy in Toorak because that's the best there is and ever will be and only idiots and stupid poor people would even consider buying anywhere else''. Oh, then there's the good old ''mainland Chinese with buckets of cash are buying up everything they can because they can and they all buy in Toorak/Camberwell/Hawthorn (delete as necessary) and they have more money than any of you will ever hear about in your lifetimes''. Followed by insults to people's choices, intelligence and even earnings levels. Sigh:cool:

If anyone from Realestate.com/Domain reads this - given that properties are given a "KM's to melbourne centre", would be good to be able to do a 5/10/15(etc.) km search, don't you think?

Cheers
AV

It'd be pretty stupid / naive to think someone would argue most people earn over 100k after uni. I simply said there are people who do.

Subtle alterations to my statements can change its meanings enormously. You're not a journalist are you?

Whether I was arguing is very subjective. I enjoyed my discussion with pickel, deehwa and amazing_venice. If you don't like it that's fine. They seemed to enjoy the company.

Back