2 RE Agents to sell

Has anyone ever used 2 agents to sell?

I am not a great fan of this as I think it could complicate things and then I think if 1 agent is selling he may possibly work harder as he/she is not sharing the commission.

This is in the Melb market, 4 townhouses.

Another option give 2 to one agent to sell and 2 to the other?? Still don't think this is ideal.

Would be interested in your views.

MTR:)

Why work your butt off knowing the "other" agent could sell it and you've completely wasted your time.

Give it to one agent for 30 or 45 days. They will know they have limited time and will work it, work it.

Has anyone ever used 2 agents to sell?

I am not a great fan of this as I think it could complicate things and then I think if 1 agent is selling he may possibly work harder as he/she is not sharing the commission.

This is in the Melb market, 4 townhouses.

Another option give 2 to one agent to sell and 2 to the other?? Still don't think this is ideal.

Would be interested in your views.

MTR:)

It's hard enough to deal with one agent , let alone 2 but it may work a lot of properties that have been listed for over 5 months in inner Brisbane are now multi listed ,all you have do is find one good listener to what you want done.

Hi

4 townhouses in the Melb market. If it were me I would give them all to one agent but I would do a lot of research before deciding on which agent to use.

May I ask what suburb are these townhouses in?

Regards,

alicudi

I agree all with one, one message one person to deal with.

2 agents working on 2 properties could lead to two messages, buyers using unit 1/2 against 3/4 and the agent knows if they buy one of the others they get nothing and look worse.

Give all to whom you think will do the best if they do not perform as you expected you can always change :)

+1 for 1.

Purchasers dealing with 1 person, you dealing with 1 person.

The risks with 2 agents outweighs the benefits IMO.

You can always appoint one agent as the lead agent and have them field enquiries from others (conjunctional agent). The main agent does the bulk of the work but shares the comms with any of the other agents who introduce a successful buyer.

Pretty typical scenario if it is going to be a hard to sell site or there are multiple units (major development).

You can always appoint one agent as the lead agent and have them field enquiries from others (conjunctional agent). The main agent does the bulk of the work but shares the comms with any of the other agents who introduce a successful buyer.

Pretty typical scenario if it is going to be a hard to sell site or there are multiple units (major development).

If I was the REA I would say get F and have them call me.

Buyers have no loyalty to a REA, if the agent doesn't have the stock they will purchase from someone else. I have worked in the industry before and the best outcome for the nice agent is to tell their buyer if they don't have the stock that suits them where one that is with a competing agency, because hopefully in a couple of years that purchaser will look at upgrading/downsizing or whatever reason (divorce/death in family/debt) will use the nice agent to list the property as they know how hard they work had built a great relationship as people buy from people (but you have to have the stock :) )

If the worst agent that I hate has the property I want I am going to have to buy through him no matter how nice the other agents are. Either that or I have to find another property :rolleyes:

Thanks for replies.

We all seem to be on the same page, definitely agent when selling, it makes sense to me.

Yet, this morning I saw advert where 2 agents in Melb selling all 4 townhouses, not what I will be doing.

I always say one agent.

In fact as an agent myself I have been at listing presentations for properties, where they have said they will be using multiple agents simultaneously, and I have said that I would prefer that they simply go with the competition agent rather than have two agents working the property at once.

There are several arguments against multi-listing, with the main two being that it gives a sense of desperation to the market (Even if it isn't the case). If you put your buyer hat on, you are driving down a street and a property has two for sale signs out the front, or you are looking online and it is multi-listed, what is your first thought.... Also it is key to keep a consistent message going to the market and 2 different agents will have 2 different styles which can often be counter productive and and have adverse affects on the sales process.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for replies.

We all seem to be on the same page, definitely agent when selling, it makes sense to me.

Yet, this morning I saw advert where 2 agents in Melb selling all 4 townhouses, not what I will be doing.

Was it a duo team or 2 different agencies?

I'm seeing more duo teams doing listings and it works quite well but I will always opt for an exclusive agency deal.

Hi wm
2 separate agents, but I am not going this road, I think a recipe for disaster.

However with Spearwood I am going to use a duo team, two excellent agents that work together. Interesting you mentioned duo teams, yep seeing alot of this

Mtr:)

Back