2 x 1 unit in Windsor

What do you think of something like this? A unit in Windsor would be an affordable entry point to buy into an inner city suburb. These units I think would have good CG and becuase the cost price is lower the yield would be a bit higher than if I bought for over $400 K too.

Group of 6 - a 2 x 1 on Bowen Street Windsor

Asking $275 k. Sounds like good value to me. I could do a small reno on it and maybe be able to ask for a higher rent? I'd have no trouble finding a tenant.

I think the idea is good Alex but not sure about that particular property, no car space I think could be an issue. I wouldn't just limit it to Windsor but would also look at other inner city suburbs too (both north and south). Alderley for example is also a decent option and near the uni.

What do you think of something like this? A unit in Windsor would be an affordable entry point to buy into an inner city suburb. These units I think would have good CG and becuase the cost price is lower the yield would be a bit higher than if I bought for over $400 K too.

Group of 6 - a 2 x 1 on Bowen Street Windsor

Asking $275 k. Sounds like good value to me. I could do a small reno on it and maybe be able to ask for a higher rent? I'd have no trouble finding a tenant.

Alex, forget about the property in Bowen St.
It flooded 2.7m in the Jan 2011 floods - source of flood was from Brisbane river :eek:
Highest source of flooding is from creek/waterway - 1 in 100 year chance of 3.5 m water level
Flooding may also occur from storm tide and overland flow
So this property faces the whole caboodle of flood types

I think the idea is good Alex but not sure about that particular property, no car space I think could be an issue. I wouldn't just limit it to Windsor but would also look at other inner city suburbs too (both north and south). Alderley for example is also a decent option and near the uni.

Yep I think within that 3 - 6 k radius ring around the cbd. Ah ok I hadn't thought of Alderly I'll have a look into it. Ta

Check the bris city council website. They have really good flood maps on there to show different shades of blue for flood likelyhood

Thanks will do. I had a look at a flood map & other info to do with QLD flooding a few weeks ago but I guess didn't look into the inner suburbs thinking they'd be safe. I'll have another look.

Back