2003 - Impact on Net Worth

What impact did 2003 have on your net worth?

• $1 million +

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • $500,000-$999,999

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • $250,000 - $499,999

Votes: 22 28.2%
  • $100,000 - $$249,999

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • $0 - $99,999

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Less than 2002 - will wait for next boom

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Hi - I have just done the end of year - net worth calculation. My partner doesn't quite believe the calculation - "but take off what we owe the bank", he said. I already had.

Property, at least in this boom, sure beats working.

It would be fantastic if those who have seen their net worth rise by over 1 million this year, would be prepared to share with us some of the strategies, attitudes, etc that are required to achieve such an outstanding result. As someone who is setting a similar goal for the next 12 months, I would love to hear / learn from people who have achieved this goal in the past.

Hi Gazza

Nothing exciting, its simple to achieve when you have over $10mil in assets ;)

In fact this year was very quite for us as I did not buy a thing.

Cheers

Just follow Jan's book in general. Keep it simple.
Buy some ...wait ...revalue ...use equity for more deposits ...buy more.....just keep going. Some neg. geared . Some pos. geared.

Do more of same.

LL

Does anybody know why this old, old thread is showing up in my "new posts" section, when there is no new post?

Wylie

G'day Wylie,

It seems this poll was set to "never close" - as such, someone voted on it (probably not noticing the date) and "Voila" it sprang into 2007.

I've now closed the poll - always interesting to look at yesterday (but not every day from now on eh? :D )

Regards,

2003.....????

Yeah, I will look back with fond memories. I think shares were once in a lifetime cheap, so that was good gearing into them when the divs would pay the interest.

For anyone in the bush, this was about when our property prices, including farms and tree change blocks started the run, and some are still going now. Lifestyle, tree change blocks would have to be giving sea change houses on the coast a run for total returns in ten years I reckon. Simply amazing, and too bad for me I didn't take advantage, although my farm land has done well.

See ya's.

Last edited:
Brenda will chuckle when she sees her post in this one, considering what her latest post is today about being personal debt free :D Well almost except for the one who cannot be mentioned:p

In 2003 we bought 2 properties (we already had 1 IP and PPoR).
In 2007 the porfolio up until then has doubled in value. What slump?

Back