2007 election 24 Nov

Hi all,

Little Johnny just called the election for 24th Nov, and interupted my favourite program Landline.:mad:

Who will win and by how many seats??

I'm going to suggest labour by 15 seats, but that opinion may change in the next few weeks.:D

bye

Then the self funded retirees living off interest will vote for Howard!!!

The over 60s have been looked after recently, I wonder what percentage of the population this represent as far as those that vote?

Chris

Then the self funded retirees living off interest will vote for Howard!!!

The over 60s have been looked after recently, I wonder what percentage of the population this represent as far as those that vote?

Chris
From today's poll

The poll also found 73 per cent of voters aged between 18 and 29, and 60 per cent of those aged between 30 and 54 prefer Kevin Rudd's Labor Party.

The Coalition just edges Labor with the over 55s, with 51 percent favouring the government.

i still believe howard will be back. theres always next election for rudd. his next campaign can be Kevin 11 (rolls off the tounge easier). hahahaha

Really where do the poll figures come from? there not 100% accurate. i think we wil see the figures turn back over next 4 - 6 weeks.

"Rudd's lapse of judgement in progressing from dinner to the strip-and-clip joint was not caused by his desire to see bare breasts, or go on the sauce; it was driven by his insatiable craving for power ..." (Quote from article).

Huge lapse in judgement. Of course, to date, he hasn't lied about babies overboard, interest rates, or taken Australia to war ...

No politician is what they seem. How stupid does this journalist think the Australian public is ... oh hang on, that's the same Aussie public that voted Howard back in on a platform of low interest rates ...

I think it's a fairly safe bet to say that you don't get to the top in politics without being 'morally flexible'. And a craving for power ... that's the nature of the beast.

DJ

Hi all,

After the news services tonight, it appears the media want a close election. There was more time spent on Howard about how bad it would be to have all Governments labour etc etc than on positive stuff (spin, let's not play favourites) from Rudd.

Also, what a co-incidence, the libs had time booked on TV today for ads:rolleyes:

I'm prepared to roll back my early prognostication, to a labour win by only 5 seats, and I reserve the right to change my mind often during the campaign.

I notice no-one else even has an opinion yet on how they are thinking the election will turn out, with some numbers. Don't worry you can always change them during the campaign. That's why this is not a poll.

bye

Howard never has been in touch with Middle Australia, but playing Ducks & Drakes with the electorate over the election timing and then doing a Sunday run to Gov. House shows he is getting worse.

It may have seemed cute but in the wash-up it is more likely to be rated as It seems a good idea at the time. His assumption that we are blind is a little off. We are merely slow.

Howard never has been in touch with Middle Australia

Not so.

You don't win 1 Federal election - let alone 4 of them (to date) - without being in touch with middle Australia (or at least more so than your opponents).

Elections are won and lost in the middle (where the swinging voters are).

And until very recently Howard had the middle all to himself.

M

BUT the G-G was overseas for the past 2 weeks, did not return until yesterday, so it was a bit pointless doing a run to Govt House before today, there was no one home!!!

Chris

OK, i'll put my thoughts on the line at the risk of future public humiliation - or flogging (no, no not the whip! anything but the whip!!! anything?? the whip!!)

My wish - coalition victory - though perhaps with a significant scare in the polls to stick the wind up them a bit!!

My thoughts on reality - Labor win - but with a much smaller majority than what is considered a landslide right now - no more than 4 seats.

now the game has begun in earnest and the arguing has started - it will be interesting to see who blinks first and stuffs up in the verbal barrages and spin!!

bring on the pork barrelling

BUT the G-G was overseas for the past 2 weeks, did not return until yesterday, so it was a bit pointless doing a run to Govt House before today, there was no one home!!!
There was somebody who could do the deed.

G-G probably knew the date well in advance.

Costello, a week ago, apparently made a comment about the Melbourne Cup and the election- November, 1st Tuesday vs last Saturday.

I notice no-one else even has an opinion yet on how they are thinking the election will turn out, with some numbers. Don't worry you can always change them during the campaign. That's why this is not a poll.

bye
I don't think Kevin o7 will win, all the dirt has not hit the fan yet but when you look ,70% of BIG KEV'S EX backdoor union standover dropkicks will run his circus then it's a free country vote for who you want..
Just Don't Complain When Gillard;) cant explain the mess they wiil take Australia into..John Howard will win,one way or the other:rolleyes: ..

Costello, a week ago, apparently made a comment about the Melbourne Cup and the election- November, 1st Tuesday vs last Saturday.
Huh?? What does that mean? I enjoy cryptic crosswords, but this one's got me...

Regards,

Hi all,

ABC radio were highlighting a slip made by the PM tonight, current official interest rates being 6.25% he said, not the actual 6.5%.

Does anyone really think that this sort of stuff will change peoples voting intentions ??

bye

Bill.L said:
ABC radio were highlighting a slip made by the PM tonight, current official interest rates being 6.25% he said, not the actual 6.5%.

Does anyone really think that this sort of stuff will change peoples voting intentions ??

Bill, let us hope not (or we are in VERY big trouble).

The media love this stuff 'cause it sells papers and gives them all something to talk about.

Just as the PM slipped, so did KR re the tax scales. It's ridiculous to think that these guys should be able to remember these things perfectly.

I note that Tony Jones (Lateline) interviewed Alexander Downer the same (or next) night and Alexander was grinning while trying to read his cheat sheet (containing the tax tables) when asked by Jones. Sheesh, I work with the tax tables all the time (study),... and forget them all the time. :D

Do people care? I really hope not.

Hi all,

bye

The media love jumping on this irrelevant minutia. They did it with Rudd on tax rates a few weeks ago.

I really cannot see there is a mood for change to the extent the polls indicate. If they are right, then Labor would go from their worst primary vote (2004 election) to their best!

Rudd is a no doubt a clever operator, however the idea of Julia Guilard as Deputy PM and in the Cabinet send a shiver down my spine.......:eek: She follows the line of great female politicians, Ros Kelly...Carmen Lawrence....Cheryl Kernot....Jenny Macklin...OMG

Prediction: Labor to form minority government with independents....

Well I don't know who's going to win but my personal opinion is that if the electorate keeps getting fooled by a government whose only strategy seems to be throwing tax cuts at us every year like chump change to beggars on the street then we only get what we deserve.

Back