• 3 IPs

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 4 IPs

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • 5 IPs or more

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the year drawing to a close how many people followed through with their IP purchasing goals? How many IPs did you plan to buy at the start of the year and now at the end, how many did you actually buy?

I said 3, but to clarify, we bought 2 blocks in 06 with houses completed on them in 07 (so i counted that as 2), plus bought anonther block in 07 to build on in 08.

jase

I planned to buy at least 2 and I bought 2 but guess what? The year isn't over yet! I'm looking to squeeze in one more (if you count the contract date, not settlement date).

P.S. I can't wait to do this poll again at the end of 2008 :)

With the year drawing to a close how many people followed through with their IP purchasing goals? How many IPs did you plan to buy at the start of the year and now at the end, how many did you actually buy?

This year I followed through with my investment purchasing goals. I had only planned to buy one IP, and to add more money to our share portfolio. We were very fortunate when we bought the IP earlier this year in that the market rose significantly after we had settled on the property. This enabled us to buy a second IP, top up our share portfolio as planned, and establish a LOC as a buffer.

For us investment wise, 2007 has been a wonderful year!!

Regards Jason.

Last edited:
Planned to buy one at the start of the year; but bought two, plus additional Managed Funds to the value of one of the IP's, set up a SMSF (purchase shares, Man Funds) and welcomed a new Baby to the family

Bring on 2008 ;)

I would love to buy something every year, but we bought two in 2006 and in 2007 I started up a new business, so I guess we can't do 'everything'.

2008 is the year I am determined to start the townhouses on the bomb site. But that wouldn't be 'buying', just finally getting around to doing something I have been planning to do for some time

And 2008 is also the year of the second shop, so I guess I shall be making up for lost time in one way or another

Cheers

Kristine

Bought 2. A good year, not because I purchased two but because one was a future three unit development site, the other a run down inner city property. It gives me a better balanced portfolio.

Not sure I will be able to purchase anything in 2008, but we'll see how things turn out.

Planned 2. Bought 1.98 so far. Should be able to confirm 2 by the end of the week. Probably won't ever buy again.

Bought 2. A good year, not because I purchased two but because one was a future three unit development site, the other a run down inner city property. It gives me a better balanced portfolio.

Not sure I will be able to purchase anything in 2008, but we'll see how things turn out.

Are you planning to develop this yourself? If so, I'd love to read about it ala Micheal's Mona Vale thread.

Cheers,
Ian

what i love about devy sites is you have effectively now bought 4 but only have to pay and put up with 2!

Are you planning to develop this yourself? If so, I'd love to read about it ala Micheal's Mona Vale thread.

Cheers,
Ian

Michael's thread and the information he has shared has been a beauty and invaluable, no doubt.

I would be more than happy to share my experience. Will be sitting down early in the New Year to determine whether I start the ball rolling in 2008 or 2009 on this one.

Would really, really, really like to buy one more property before I start the development. But I always seem to be saying one more and where to find $100k! and still retain some buffer. Never satisfied ;) ....

Bought nothing this year, but settled last month on a block of land we bought in Aug '05.

Next purchase with some of remaining equity will be a business in early '08, and the profits from the business will be the funds for the future IP's.

Hopefully another 1 or 2 IP's in 2008.

settled in jan this yr, our first IP, would like to try and get one more next yr but have to see as our new rugrat is eating in to our cashflow lol :D

Back