2009 Goals Looking Good!

I just want to thank all the helpful members on this forum, without this forum and your feedback I would still be renting now.

After buying my first property in April, I look to have just purchased my 2nd property in just over half a year. I exchanged contracts & paid the deposit today on a 2 bdr unit in Newcastle that will be rented out with the current owner for a 1 year lease.

It only took 2 days of checking places before I decided on it. I did months of online research though.

My goal for next year will be a lot harder, aiming for another 5 properties to add to my portfolio.

As I have written before (more details on my blog), I only came back to Australia in 2003. I started with less than $10 and a guitar I pawned after losing my savings. I had to live on the street for a couple of days before I found a job. That experience made me a little mad and determined to turn my misfortune around, it works believe me!

Now I have a successful Internet business, 2 properties and huge goals so I hope I can inspire others.

There are many people on this forum I would like to thank but the first three that come to mind are:

Josko, although disappointing you have gone away at this time for annual leave you have done a great job with all the effort, always willing to answer my questions and happy to help.

Propertunity, has always answered my questions in detail when I really needed answers even how stupid my questions are written late at night :p

Lizzie, thanks for the ideas in the Newcastle thread and then giving me a little nudge the other day which helped me decide to buy this property.

Once again thanks to all members here.... I wish you all can do well for the remainder of this year and in 2010. ;)

Last edited:
Well done mate, very inspiring indeed. I hope you achieve your goals for next year.
We hope to buy our second IP next year, fairly minor compared to your goals though.

As I have written before (more details on my blog), I only came back to Australia in 2003. I started with less than $10 and a guitar I pawned after losing my savings. I had to live on the street for a couple of days before I found a job. That experience made me a little mad and determined to turn my misfortune around, it works believe me!

Well, a $10 starting point is sure low.

However, if you do a proper stocktake of your situation, you would find more than that in your asset: A burning desire to suceed.

In fact, as Napoleon Hill has said, burning desire is a starting point for all great success.

Well done and congratulation :)

Clap Clap Clap :D :D :D

shucks - thanks - and well done.

remember, you made it happen!! yes, i think newcastle has a lot of underestimated steam in it still for several years to come.

Congratulations

I am new to the forum also and like so many others, find it to be a wonderful community to be a part of.

Inspirational story. Thanks for sharing! Makes us realise the sky is the limit.

Wow. Hoping to get our first in the next couple of months, maybe another before 2010 is out. So slow and conservative compared to you. that's inspiring! Well done.

I just want to thank all the helpful members on this forum, without this forum and your feedback I would still be renting now.

After buying my first property in April, I look to have just purchased my 2nd property in just over half a year. I exchanged contracts & paid the deposit today on a 2 bdr unit in Newcastle that will be rented out with the current owner for a 1 year lease.

congratulations :)

Propertunity, has always answered my questions in detail when I really needed answers even how stupid my questions are written late at night :p

Well you had me worried there for a while but you came good after a sleep and you have a great solicitor there too by the sounds of it - so congratulations!

Geez, imagine if you'd had $20 to start out with. Just kidding. Well done Monsoon, always good to read about people getting ahead.

Regards
Marty

Geez, imagine if you'd had $20 to start out with.
Regards
Marty
He would have had twice as many IP's :D

Monsoon,
excellent results mate,
keep going but remember that interest rates are on the increase so go for higher yielding properties.
take care

A burning desire to suceed.
Yes that is the key to my own progress but I could have done a lot more as well. Inspiration is the driving force. I have a very optimistic outlook so i guess that helps... I'm already starting to work out my plan for the next one.... ;)

thanks everyone!

Congrats monsoon :D

I too have learnt so much from this forum and the great people from it.

I keep Rixter pretty busy on MSN, asking questions and learning more and more. :p

The first IP we buy will be a huge occasion for my fiance and I. We cant wait. !!!

Congrats again on your fulfilling journey and wish you many more great years to come.

Cheers

Mick

Back