2020 - Perth airport - Forestfield - Bayswater underground rail

Last edited:
This is a case of deficit spending and pump priming at its worst.

The project is going to be a hugely expensive white elephant. Sinking a rail line under the river is a major job, and is going to cost a lot more than the Graeme Farmer tunnel, which was a lot easier and cheaper to engineer.

Still, think of the jobs it will create.......

interesting opinion... when I see the endless stream of taxis heading both ways on gt eastern hwy I think it is stupid it wasn't built years ago

Mmmmm, what happened to the Ellenbrook rail promise? I would have thought Barnett would be looking after this one first, seeing he used this for a platform for re-election.

Mmmmm, what happened to the Ellenbrook rail promise? I would have thought Barnett would be looking after this one first, seeing he used this for a platform for re-election.

He used it in the original election campaign but certainly not in the reelection. Ellenbrook is basically 3rd on the list in terms of $/patronage and is less important than both max and the airport line. Imo Max should be the priority but the whole airport line became a big political scoring point. The money being spent would pay off the entire max project or allow them to start on something like metronet

Also read today that Garden city is set to double in size with international retailers HandM and topshop signed up for leases!!! Can only be a good thing for that area

I have been recommended to invest in the forrestfield/high wycombe area on a development block due to the CG from this train line.. thoughts? Other optional areas for development blocks with more immediate good CG? Thanks guys.

I have been recommended to invest in the forrestfield/high wycombe area on a development block due to the CG from this train line.. thoughts? Other optional areas for development blocks with more immediate good CG? Thanks guys.

It depends on the timeframe you invest in.

As it gets closer, then the end value is already priced into the buy price. Whereas a few years beforehand, no one is thinking about it and so its relatively 'cheap'.

So all depends on how long you want to hang on for?

It depends on the timeframe you invest in.

As it gets closer, then the end value is already priced into the buy price. Whereas a few years beforehand, no one is thinking about it and so its relatively 'cheap'.

So all depends on how long you want to hang on for?

I'm ready to purchase now if thats what you mean? And obviously I want capital growth ASAP. Is the airport link the most immediate growth opportunity?

Cheers :eek:

I'm ready to purchase now if thats what you mean? And obviously I want capital growth ASAP. Is the airport link the most immediate growth opportunity?

Cheers :eek:

I didnt mean whether you're ready to purchase now. I meant what timeframe you have on results.

And no, I'd say its not the most immediate opportunity. No one can be certain whether this Trainline Plan is actually going to happen or not.

I didnt mean whether you're ready to purchase now. I meant what timeframe you have on results.

And no, I'd say its not the most immediate opportunity. No one can be certain whether this Trainline Plan is actually going to happen or not.

Okay thanks. I am 25years old so I don't really have a timeframe..

Which suburbs would you recommend I invest then mate? Cheers

For your budget and development criteria i would think thats an appropriate area to invest in at this time. Also maybe beechboro would be worth looking at.

But dont count on quick gains with this strategy of waiting for rezoning as it will take its sweet time. If you want quick cg up your budget and look for something developable and develop it.

Back