20K accelerated depreciation help

Hi Everyone .

Im about to buy a new car for our sole trader business and im not fully up to speed with the whole accelerated depreciation. My dilemma is I would like to buy a new car which is $22,500 Drive away no accessories. Iam registered for gst but dont currently bother about keeping a log book. Will I be able to depreciate this in this tax year if I buy before June 30 as I would like to make my tax more deductible and how would they estimate business to personal usage. My estimate would be 80% business 20% personal. My main question is though is $22,500 to much and if not how much more could I possibly spend and not loose out on the accelerated depreciation as I would like some accesoories thrown in if I have room to spend a bit more without loosing out on the accelerated depreciation benefit.

Also what is the best way to finance just go through a caryard finance, persnal bank loan, the dealer was banging on about a chattel mortgage or something and some other option what would be the best method for further making my income deductible.

Thanks for all the help

I though $22000 would be ok as $2000 would be gst which can be written off under gst. bringing the total amount back to $20000, then the bloke at the caryard was going on about stamp duty as well brings it down a bit?

Paul G has done some good calcs on this in other threads in this section. Go have a look at those first

So I have a quote to buy a hyundai .

Vehicle cost $22172.73
Deler Delivery $1722.73
Customer Discount $4784.55
Vehicle Sub total excluding gst $19110.91
Gst Payable $1911.09
Vehicle sub total inclusive of gst $21022.00

Gst Exclusive items $400
Rego $346
White standard white plates $99.00
Stamp duty $633.00
Vehicle total inclusive of gst Drive Away $22500.00
Balance payable on delivery $22,000 ( $500 deposit left )

I will ring my accountant tomorrow just wonderin if anyone wh is all over the accelerated depreciation can work out if I will be right to claim accelerated depreciation on this.

Thanks

Back