221D

W

WebBoard

Tax Deduction 2036 Form
Date: 14 Feb 2001
Time: 08:59:28

Hi all

I went to a Heritage Financial Group seminar ( I actually went for the free book but don't tell them though hehe)

Anyway the presenter said if we fill out this Tax Deduction form the tax office will give us back about $80.00 or so every week in our pay packet.

Now

1) Was I listening correctly???

2) Was I dreaming???

3) or is it true???

Any comments welcome. Billy Boy

Last edited by a moderator:
?

Reply: 1

Re: Tax Deduction 2036 Form
Time: 09:12:18

Billy Boy

Do you mean the Tax Office will give you $80.00 per week because you attended this seminar or because you received the book for free!

Can I have one of those forms please.

Really you would need to give the forum more details on a proposal that gives you tax relief of $80/week if you expect any constructive comments.

Cheers

Billy Boy

Reply: 1.1

Time: 10:09:11

Sorry that's all I picked up from the seminar.

He said it very quickly. I'll have to speak to my acountant for more details . I think it might have something to with negative gearing but don't quote me on that. I'll re post when I get more info.

Billy Boy

Terry A

Reply: 1.1.1

Time: 10:31:26

Yes you heard correctly. Form NAT 2036 replaces the old 221D form which allows you to claim your expenses fortnightly instead of the end of the tax year, that way you are not giving the taxman an interest free loan on your money.

Billy Boy

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Time: 11:36:32

Oh !!! Ok !!!! Thanks for that Terry it saves me a phone call to the accountant.

Have a good day.

Billy Boy

Back