23 properties in 5 years

Oscar,

I agree with you. I think that in 10 years time anyone that was brave enough to invest in the US and got it right in terms of price and location will make some significant profits. I don´t have a crystal ball but to me this is one of the most exciting investment opportunities I have ever seen. This is Geraldton at half the pre-boom price and double the rent! (except Atlanta is a much more established city, this is no country town. population of over 5.3 million people , major business hub, 75% of fortune 500 companies have a presence in Atlanta, busiest airport in the world. It doesn´t get much better than that. The positive cashflow aspect of the investment is very attractive to me but I feel the big gains will come through capital growth in years to come....add to that a high aussie dollar and this is one of those moments in time that everything has aligned for the savvy investor to set themselves up for some real profits in years to come.... I for one am investing heavily in this market and believe in the opportunity. One thing investing has taught me is that time in the market is good but timing the market sure can give you a good head start. This is the time.

To view footage on some of the Atlanta deals we sourced visit this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaDK2wwgBeg

Also my mail server is currently down and has been for the last 24 hours (can´t receive any emails at the moment), in the interim you can email me at [email protected]

This may sound like a very basic question.. but seeing your video, such beautiful houses, and decent prices, why americans are not purchasing instead of renting? Atlanta being such a big city, with lots of industries, why aren't people getting in the market? Is it fear of another downturn?

I've quickly searched the unemployment rate and it appears to be around 10% in Georgia. High IMO. Is this the reason people don't want to commit, experience the issues in the past with repossessions etc; and decide to rent?

Edmond,

Good question, why aren´t American´s buying? It all comes down to finance, the lending market has tightened since the GFC and all those people that lost their homes through foreclosure have ruined their credit rating so cannot get finance, they have no option but to become renters or live with mum and dad.

The other opportunity that exists for investors is buying properties that need a little bit of work done to them. The banks don´t like to finance homes to home buyers that need renovations so those properties tend to go to investors and sell for cash.

The reason we can pick up some properties at great prices is because they are cash transactions , if financing was so freely available that would drive prices up and I believe that when the finance markets free up thats exactly what will happen. (so buy with cash now and hold for future gains)

To view footage on some of the Atlanta deals we sourced visit this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaDK2wwgBeg

Also my mail server is currently down and has been for the last 24 hours (can´t receive any emails at the moment), in the interim you can email me at [email protected]

How much is the facilitation fee.

What are, if any, ownership rules for foreigners.

What is the rental market likely to achieve and maintain the quoted rentals like.

Thanks, nice job by the way....

Oh....I think the septics design tastes need some time to get used to...red bathrooms, green carpet, orange walls, green walls.....crikey

Last edited:
Giving it a go

Hi all,

Just thought I would throw my hat in the ring for Karina. I was introduced to Karina through Emma and since meeeting her, am in the process of buying 2 houses in Atlanta (settle end of the month). I can't say enough good things about Karina and Emma for that matter.

Cheers,
Mick

Missing emails

Hello.

Karina's husband here.

SORRY WE HAD EMAIL SERVER PROBLEMS FOR THE LAST 2 DAYS. PEOPLE WHO SENT EMAILS TO [email protected] BEFORE 11:10PM TONIGHT PLEASE SEND THE EMAILS AGAIN AS THEY WERE LOST DUE TO THE SERVER ISSUES.

I AM POSTING THIS BECAUSE I JUST NOTICED THAT AS SOON AS I WAS FINALLY ABLE TO FIX THE MAIL SERVER KARINA'S EMAIL STARTED TO RECEIVE EMAILS STRAIGHT AWAY.

I THINK SOME PEOPLE MAY HAVE MISSED WHEN KARINA MENTIONED THE ISSUES WE WERE CONFRONTING AND WHEN SHE ASKED TO BE CONTACTED AT [email protected] THAT IS OUR BACKUP ADDRESS SO PLEASE KEEP IT IN MIND AS WELL.

Sorry for the all capitals but I just needed to attract your attention to the fact that if we didn't answer your email it is because we may have lost it. We weren't able to receive emails for a bit over 48 hours. But now everything has gone back to normal and hopefully it will stay that wayN.

If you ever try to contact us and we don't reply within 24 hours it is because your email may have got lost. In that case please use the alternative email address but bear in mind that if the main one is working the gmail one gets checked about once a week.I

I will leave this post with the capitals for a couple of days and then I will come and edit so it doesn't look like screaming.

Thanks for your attention.

Will
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam,

A few answers to your questions.

How much is the facilitation fee.
I charge $4500 per property and facilitate the end to end service.

What are, if any, ownership rules for foreigners.
Foreigners can purchase property in the USA. I have been purchasing through an LLC (Limited Liability Company). This is my holding entity for my US properties. (cheap to set up, less than $1000) and there is no stamp duty on purchase like in Australia so entry costs are low.

What is the rental market likely to achieve and maintain the quoted rentals like.
With so many people losing their homes there is a demand for well located rentals. Most properties rent within 30 days if they are:
1) In a reasonable area
2) priced properly
3) well presented.

We make sure all our properties meet the above criteria.

We just settled on a property 1 month ago for a client , had it renovated in 3 weeks and tenant moved in within 7 days. We also achieved a higher rental than what I had quoted.

We are offering the real deal and pass on the properties at the same price we secure them for with no middle men or mark ups involved so investors can truly buy at wholesale prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of information yesterday on US economy from a Sydney stockbroker :-

US MACRO: The economy is growing in most parts of the U.S., the Fed said in its latest beige book. The data suggest a slow if increasingly steady recovery. (WSJ)

US JOBS: Private-sector jobs in the U.S. rose by 206,000 in November, according to a national employment report published by payroll giant ADP. (WSJ

And then there's Lance Spicer's promotional emails (always out there on the fringe but worth the read):-

"On Wednesday night the market rallied hard when central banks around the world agreed to cut rates on US dollar loans and increase liquidity to avoid the sort of credit crunch we saw in 2008.

Right now, a credit crunch is the biggest fear and greater than the debt problems in Europe. Once the lending stops, growth slows and recessions begin. This move by the world's central banks will almost ensure that a global recession will be averted. That's the reason for the massive rally.

However, the debt problems remain in Europe and the US, but right now they are insignificant compared to what would have happened without central bank intervention. This is nothing to fear, however, as in the next issue of Trident Confidential I'm going to reveal how the debt problem will be solved and it may shock you.

Billionaire investors like Buffett, Soros, Paulsen, Icahn and major fund managers have already started loading up on certain stocks because they also realise how and when the debt crisis will end."

In light of the discussion in this and other threads over the last year or so, the latest figures on Atlanta are pretty concerning....

453fac91acc602efe5477debbc96dac6.png

In light of the discussion in this and other threads over the last year or so, the latest figures on Atlanta are pretty concerning....

453fac91acc602efe5477debbc96dac6.png

That is why I never bother with graths, tables and what the so called economists have to say, they are not in touch with what is happening on the ground - now...

I can tell you that I have been purchasing in Atlanta, started 12 months ago, purchasing gems at $37,000 at 20%+ gross, I will now have to pay $60K for same product. I am over and out as I will stick to my gross return due to slippage etc. as we know there are many risks and need to keep those figures real otherwise you may as well stick to purchasing in OZ.

Cheers, MTR

That is why I never bother with graths, tables and what the so called economists have to say, they are not in touch with what is happening on the ground - now...

I can tell you that I have been purchasing in Atlanta, started 12 months ago, purchasing gems at $37,000 at 20%+ gross, I will now have to pay $60K for same product. I am over and out as I will stick to my gross return due to slippage etc. as we know there are many risks and need to keep those figures real otherwise you may as well stick to purchasing in OZ.

Cheers, MTR

Nothing like knowing your own market MTR. Well done on your purchases and no doubt hard work. I wish I had the balls to start when you did.

Concerning for who - Investors purchasing you mean?

The Atlanta Journal Constitution

Depends. If you bought on the advice of the spruikers in 2010 you're probably less comfortable and relaxed than MTR. Ditto 2011.

Today, perhaps different.

Perhaps not.

Either way, if the Rismark Index for greater Sydney was off 18% in 12 months, would you be saying all is good for the investing community?

The scale of pain to be felt by those Australian punters who were fed to the US RE sharks is yet to be seen, unfortunately.

Any chance of an updated chart Token Funder ?

Hi RW

That would be good, but I have found these charts are not accurate as they are rarely up to date figures.

I know someone who has just come back from Atlanta who has properties in this area and I can say that the market is still moving, in fact apparently adverts now for building houses, very different from when I was over there.

Also I was sent a link on a property which sold for I believe around $100,000 in same subdivision as one of my properties which I purchased at $42,000, this subdivision is quite ordinary with older properties so I was very surprised at this price. This property was my first purchase and not the same standard as my other properties.

I expect this market to continue to rise because there is still so much interest, in some cases there are 20 offers on one property.

With the Au$ going down its making it a hell of a lot more interesting.

MTR

Building houses again...hadn't they been overbuilding and had an oversupply

The market has turned, its a different ball game, the market is continuing to rise.
Now we see the Aussie $ at 90 when we were purchasing at $1.10. Give it 12 months perhaps the Aussie $ at 85:)

Back