.25% lost or refundable?

Yes I have had this accepted in the past in NSW for clients. I don't think it is much for the Vendor worry about. The cooling off period is there anyway, and it is not like they would lose money - they just would not get some extra money if someone didn't proceed.

I would see it as someone who has put down $1k or so as being less likely to just walk away.

Theoretically, if I could get away with such a clause, there would almost be the temptation to put multiple signed offers on multiple contracts and see who bites first... the rescind on the rest and get my money back.

But good to know it does work. :D

Gee there are a couple of tough ones on here ay..I'm a first timer so I thought i'd ask for your help..Just wanted to make sure as it was very disheartening when it happened a month ago and then i got over it.

I thought I couldn't get it back too but I had been told by multiple agents that I could so I was a little confused and needed some clarity..

To those that helped make it clear, thanks. I'll learn from my mistakes. I overpaid them $2.50 and they've been calling me for the past 4 weeks to give it back and I don't want it so they're copping a bit of a hard time from me.. Figured i'd be a bit of a grub and make em work for their money..

The owner knew there were termites in the house. The floorboards that had been eaten by termites were left under the house and the inspector saw it when he went under there..

Why make things difficult for people who are just trying to do their job? What are you trying to achieve?

Back