$250,000 Investment Property

If you where looking for an investment property around the $250,000 mark where would you look?

Areas such as Penrith, Liverpool etc have units at these prices?

Based on long term Capital Growth (15 Years + and trying to be as close to nuetrally geared as possible).

Where would you put your Money and WHY??:)

Another vote for outer Brisbane.
Tossing up between Logan and Ipswich areas. Thinking of going for house rather than unit/townhouse as body corporate fees really eat into the return, plus I like full control over my properties.

Another vote for Logan / Slacks Creek area - nice yields with CG to follow Brisbane. Good freeway access + large Ikea store suggests the area is likely to develop as a hotspot for young, middle Australian households.

Just bought 3 bedroom house in cairns with pool in earlville was renting for 325 just spent 7000 painting inside and new kitchen just signed someone up for 370 happy to give the adress if you are interested.

wow thanks for all the replies. Seems everyone is keen on Brissy over the Sydney suburbs I listed. I will investigate some of your suggestions, anything I should look out for?, keep away from ?

What's with all the Logan hype? It's not even that cheap, comparably.....
You can buy a house In Logan for 250 with stigma and a long way from brissy or you can buy a house Half the distance in with way less stigma for 400

The houses that are 400 will be 800 in 5 years and Logan's 250s will be 320s, yield is only part of the picture

Watch this space

You can buy a house In Logan for 250 with stigma and a long way from brissy or you can buy a house Half the distance in with way less stigma for 400

The houses that are 400 will be 800 in 5 years and Logan's 250s will be 320s, yield is only part of the picture

Watch this space

Some people dont have 400

Watch this space

What's the subscription charge for your crystal ball? :p

Stigma goes and transfers to the next slum over time, which uplifts prices. Therefore there is potentially more upside potential on a % basis for outer over mid locn's. Inner ring is a beast of it's own of course which is not based on family incomes, serviceability etc.

400k to 800k is quite a prediction.

Watch this space

Strongy1986, So if I was to research the suburbs in the purchase bracket of around 400k, which suburbs would you recommend ....

Thanks.

The houses that are 400 will be 800 in 5 years

Orly1-250x187.jpg

Back