25members66guests

i see often that we have so many guests visiting this forum, so please join in and don't be shy, the more the better, and no they wont steal your credit card numbers , so c'mon you shy lot lets see what you have to say, :rolleyes:

go to quick likks on the top and then go who's on line . just on the top left;)

i never though i would be telling others about how to get through this sit, as i am the most PC dumb you can get, funny!!!

Are all the guests real, or google spiders?

On some other forums, the list of online users often includes 'google spider'.
My understanding is that it is automated google tools scanning the forum to compile search results???

Are all the guests real, or google spiders?

On some other forums, the list of online users often includes 'google spider'.
My understanding is that it is automated google tools scanning the forum to compile search results???

When I had a look, it lists the spiders, but as their names are not underlined, it probably counts as guests.

Looking through again now, there are 5 spiders.

Around 60% of traffic to this site comes from search engine traffic (that's people clicking on a link from a search engine, not from the bots).

Due to the high volume of post traffic on this site, there are always a few search engine bots crawling the site, but the majority of users you see in the list are generally real people ... and a 60/40 split between guests/members seems to be fairly typical for this site.

sl its nice to see who is on line so then we can ask how you are, and did you fix that ...... this site is about sharing experiences , and meeting like minded folk , cheers craig, ;)

Hi, I never log out (that would be another password to remember to get back in). Does that mean it looks like I'm always on here? I'm here a fair bit but not always. ;)

Hi, I never log out (that would be another password to remember to get back in). Does that mean it looks like I'm always on here? I'm here a fair bit but not always. ;)

No, the session automatically expires after about 30 minutes, so it will look like you are online for up to that long after you've quit (but not logged out).

Around 60% of traffic to this site comes from search engine traffic (that's people clicking on a link from a search engine, not from the bots).

Due to the high volume of post traffic on this site, there are always a few search engine bots crawling the site, but the majority of users you see in the list are generally real people ... and a 60/40 split between guests/members seems to be fairly typical for this site.

How often does the average visitor log in, I wonder?

How often does the average visitor log in, I wonder?

Difficult to tell.

The site gets around 135,000 visits per month. In the past month there were around 1,600 active members. If we assume that each time a member logs in it is counted as a new visit and then we assume that the ratio of members to guests is 40:60, then 54,000 of those visits were from members.

That would make it nearly 34 visits per member per month ... or an average of just over once per day per member.

This is only a very rough estimate ... the ratio of members to guests is a guess based on the number of visitors who access the site via a search engine vs visiting directly ... which is not always accurate - many members type "Somersoft" into Google to get to the site !!!

But anyway - I think it sounds about right from a ballpark measure ... the members who logged in over the past month did so on average slightly more than once per day.

I would have to do some programming to capture more accurate statistical information about login frequency and such - that would be an interesting exercise though.

Back