2770 going crazy

See page 27 of Sydney Sunday telegraph. The2770 insanity is getting more publicity. Come on you buyers out there! Get em while they're hot!

Isn't it a heart warming feeling when you are invested in an area the it begins to generate into a buying frenzy..... I'm not in 2770 but do have property in Penrith and I'm seeing similar market conditions....

I don't think you can look at Logan and say the same will happen as it did in Sydney.
Sydney is decentralising due to population

Brisbane is still 20+ years away from this
Not even Melbourne is at this stage

Inner city and beach have to move significantly in Brisbane before I can see a significant price rise in Logan. You can buy for 350 - 400 in good suburbs in Brisbane so why buy for 200 on the outer fringe

I bet you the houses in the good suburbs in Sydney were all 1.5 million before these outer hubs started to take off from the 250 ranges

A long way to go in Brisbane - needs the population density

Not sure what weill happen this time , but my betting is that it will be similar.

Demographically they are similar. If anything Logan is better situated in Brisbane than Mt Druitt is Sydney . More Central and better transport options though that has improved in Mt Druitt.

We've thought about buying in Mt Druitt but at this stage most places in Sydney seem to be moving at a similar place in the cycle where as before Central Sydney moved first and then some time later Mt Druitt and other places moved later . I was hoping that would happen this cycle and if that was the case we might have have bought in Mt Druitt .

My Priority is in buying in " nicer " places in Sydney at this stage , and then if time permits , buying in Lower SES areas for shorter term gains.

We've done well with the more centrally located unit's we bought . Mosman 2009 up around 40 % . Manly 12-18 months ago up around 10 % . We've just bought our new PPOR in the upper north Shore and the market has just become hot . We were lucky in finding a property that was exactly what we wanted , had been on the market for over 6 months , poorly marketed and with unrealistic vendor expectations.

I think there are still opportunities to buy closer to the City in Sydney , and from our experience , these properties are much easier in terms of ongoing management , compared with areas like Mt Druitt or Logan

Cliff

Back