2BR Melbourne PPOR (FHB) - How are these suburbs?

Can't go wrong with those suburbs I think. I do feel that the inner-north is a bit pricey for what you get but that's just my opinion.

Thanks Simon I will give elsternwick a look too (assumed it was too expensive for me).

Aaron do you mean places like Ascot Vale/Flemington are over priced?

After a fair bit more research, and an improved financial situation, my budget is now $500k within these suburbs:

St Kilda East
Balaclava
St Kilda
Glen Huntly
Carnegie
Thornbury
Brunswick
Fairfield
Ascot Vale

Once again it will still be a PPOR, but 4-5 years later it will no doubt be converted into an IP. From that point of view are there any laggards in this list which I should avoid? I'm so emotionally involved in this process I like getting fellow somersoftians to play devils advocate.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm **** scared of botching up my first purchase and ruining years of saving on a lemon. The advice I get here has been and will continue to be invaluable, so thank you all.

There's no competition - St Kilda. St Kilda is the best suburb in the best city in the best country in the world. So much to do here and the rest of the inner suburbs are very easily accessible. For instance, I don't own a car, but go over to Fitzroy/Collingwood on the regs to see bands. I love Melbourne's public transport system.

If you buy a two bedroom place here, I will rent out the other bedroom from you, for realz (if I'm still in the country).

Back