$2m in 22 months - Rob's story ..

Hey Rob.

Has there ever been any feedback from your ex wife? E.g, has she ever questioned you as to why didn't you take the initiative while you were still together, or has she ever congratulated you on your achievemnet?

Regards
Marty

Good question marty....
Rob, Kudos to you dude, and I hope that your wife is a trifle green with envy:D

I hope to post something similar in 22 months!!!

luvvit

Well done Rob! great story and I'm excited to hear of your success! Well done! :D

As a previous post asked, has there been any comments from your ex? does she know of this success?

How come everyone wants to know about the ex? I'm sure she'd be flattered by the attention.
My youngest daughter showed her my photo in YIP mag when I was in there for the Investor of the Year award. The only comment she made was that I looked like I "had a stick up my ar$e". I guess that sums up her feelings.
I don't think we were very aligned in terms of goals etc :)

Thanks for sharing Rob, just wondering what is the portfolio -ve cashflow, if any ?

At the moment, it's cash flow -ve to the tune of about $1900 per month. At this stage, I'm riding out my fixed loans as breaking them will improve my cash flow enormously, but erodes the equity I will need if I buy another IP.

well rob, just looks like a typical bitter B%^&$

Its great you have been able to move on, and achieve so much in such a short period of time... in the next 10 years, you will be laughing!

At the moment, it's cash flow -ve to the tune of about $1900 per month. At this stage, I'm riding out my fixed loans as breaking them will improve my cash flow enormously, but erodes the equity I will need if I buy another IP.

{edit} sorry missed the - there, thought you were positive :)

Last edited:
Brilliant 1000th post, Rob. You should rightly feel proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing your journey; and count me in for a free ticket to the book launch party!:D

Is Rob the next Peter Spann?

Somehow I doubt Peter has the same success to share over the last 22 months :)

sometimes keeping simple rather than complex strategy's is the way to go, this is one thing I have learned..

Sour Grapes

How come everyone wants to know about the ex? I'm sure she'd be flattered by the attention.
My youngest daughter showed her my photo in YIP mag when I was in there for the Investor of the Year award. The only comment she made was that I looked like I "had a stick up my ar$e". I guess that sums up her feelings.
I don't think we were very aligned in terms of goals etc :)

Yeah, I'll bet she was pursing her lips with "bitterness" tasing those sour grapes. :p

All out, outlandish and audacious success is the sweetest revenge ;)

You may want to treat yourself and get that "Big Hat" once your "cattle" reach 10 in number as you've indicated is your next milestone......whatever that big hat may be for you. :)

Well done on getting out there and doing it.
I knew you were -ve, but $1900mth is'nt exactly what I'd call comfort zone.
That's avg $271 -ve x IP.
No wonder your such a tight A$$ lol.
I do hope to 2mil becomes equity.

Good post, and congrats Rob!!

As somebody said earlier, whats so great about $2m debt.

Then I read that in 22 months he produced 500k equity, and the entire portfolio is only -1900 per month -ve. Thats not much over 1% of the entire portfolio.

You should be very proud Rob.... Awesome achievement.

Whether it takes 3, 5, or 10 years, in the not-so-distant future your hard work will be very well rewarded (even more than it has been already).

By the way, is the 1900 pcm before tax or after tax (inc depreciation)?

By the way, is the 1900 pcm before tax or after tax (inc depreciation)?

Thanks. Sometimes I feel like I haven't progressed in net worth, but U have to keep reminding myself how much $$$ I fork out to the state govt each time I buy. At around $12,500 or more each time, that adds up to a chunk of change over the last 6 properties. Time and compounding will sort that out, though. Just got to be patient. I do patience So well :)
The $1900 pcm comes out of my net pay each month, but my net pay is increased by around $1,000 from the effect of the ITWV. However, I understate depreciation to give myself a buffer and this usually results in a nice refund each July.

Brilliant 1000th post, Rob. You should rightly feel proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing your journey; and count me in for a free ticket to the book launch party!:D

I'l put you down for the DVD and CD set, too. They are valued at $3,000, but I'm offering a special for today only at $349!!
I'd run a seminar but what I've done is SO boring, I don't think people will be able to stay awake.

You may want to treat yourself and get that "Big Hat" once your "cattle" reach 10 in number as you've indicated is your next milestone......whatever that big hat may be for you. :)

I've been saying Big Hat No Cattle all day. Can't get it out of my head. Love it!
I need to regroup and focus on what I want. I've really no clue. Let me think on it ...

Well done on getting out there and doing it.
I knew you were -ve, but $1900mth is'nt exactly what I'd call comfort zone.

You're quite right, it works out to $271 per IP per month. BUT, $1,000 of that comes straight from the ATO, so I only really fork out $900 per month from my actual salary. I pay more that that in child support and school fees, like Rixter says, it's all relative.
It's not like it's real money, anyway. Has anyone ever actually seen a big pile of $100 bills being handed over on settlement day? It's all just zeros and one's on a computer disk somewhere. It's virtual/digital money. Nothing to be afraid of :)

Back