$2m in 22 months - Rob's story ..

I was going to get some pole dancers in to keep folks awake, but your idea works, too. Mine is just more fun :)
Ok Ok...we'll compromise Rob. My way for the women and your way for guys - which when you think about what other effects the coldness can bring provides an even better spectacle for the blokes. ;)

:D

well done !

as rob sits quietly in his corner and startle's every one with his 1000 post report.
just can't wait for the 2000 post report.NOW!

congratulations for you on your successes, and thank you for sharing the in depth discribtion of you journey. it's so wonderfull when a fellow SS furumite has a win, and as most start with hesitation, stories llike this just gives others so much more drive in getting to their own goals. these posts are so inportant and fills the hearts of dreams for others , thanks again. craigb.

p.s posting that to your ex has got to be worth another Mill lol!

How come everyone wants to know about the ex? I'm sure she'd be flattered by the attention.
My youngest daughter showed her my photo in YIP mag when I was in there for the Investor of the Year award. The only comment she made was that I looked like I "had a stick up my ar$e". I guess that sums up her feelings.
I don't think we were very aligned in terms of goals etc :)

Boy did she stuff up!

Just be thankful you didn't get all this happening years ago you might have made her a very wealthy woman when you got divorced!

Congratulations; Awesome achievement to date Rob ! Thanks for sharing the story of your journey so far. I'm looking forward to further instalments as these type of stories carry a lot of positive benefit

I'm sure there is even more you could add to the above; as they say "The Devil Is In The Details" ( the difficult part is in the many small details ... ) and you've done a great job, I'm sure there were many hurdles to overcome?

Not a seminar in sight either ;) :D

A large achievement Rob - you should be proud. Thank you for spending the time detailing the process. It's both cathartic for the writer and inspirational for the reader.

Even though it is a fantastic achievement in itself, there will come a time in your investing life when your portfolio grows by this amount in one year. You'll be swinging from the rafters in glee.

What will really blow your cookie is when you eventually receive this amount in rents every year.....and then every month etc etc etc.

It's a long and winding road - enjoy the journey with your fellow PI travellers here on SS.

Cheers mate, and see you soon in Adelaide. :)

Not a seminar in sight either ;) :D

Well spotted. I was up to IP #4 by the time I discovered Jan Somers, Michael Yardney, Ed Chan, Margaret Lomas etc.
Didn't even know people ran property seminars until about the same time.
I realy think that not knowing what couldn't be done allowed me to do just that.

Fantastic achievement Rob! Always enjoy reading your posts.

You're an Adelaidian too so we should arrange a meet one time for a latte :)

Kim, Rob will also be a guest speaker at one of the Real Estate Wealth Network Meetings, September I believe. He will be a world renowened public speaker before we know it ;)

Well done Rob and THANK YOU for everything XX

My youngest daughter showed her my photo in YIP mag when I was in there for the Investor of the Year award. The only comment she made was that I looked like I "had a stick up my ar$e". I guess that sums up her feelings.
I don't think we were very aligned in terms of goals etc :)

I can't believe she would make that comment to her own daughter.

The comment is more of a reflection of her than you but to involve a child in her own stuff is just irresponsible.

I can't believe she would make that comment to her own daughter.

The comment is more of a reflection of her than you but to involve a child in her own stuff is just irresponsible.

Actually it wasn't said as a joke, but as a very nasty and suppresive comment designed to bring me down and take that brief moment of pride away from my daughter. That's how she operates. Not nice at all.
That's why she's the "ex" and I try real hard to show the kids that there is another side to life.

I was going to get some pole dancers in to keep folks awake, but your idea works, too. Mine is just more fun :)

You joke Rob, but a News Corp executive actually did that at a presentation a few years back! Got up to give his presentation at the conference in front of all the senior management including Rupert Murdoch and I think from memory Al Gore was there as well. As he started his speech, a male stripper came on stage next to him and started stripping down. He got about 5 mins in before RM had enough and had them both dragged off stage. He was promptly fired.

Actually it wasn't said as a joke, but as a very nasty and suppresive comment designed to bring me down and take that brief moment of pride away from my daughter. That's how she operates. Not nice at all.
That's why she's the "ex" and I try real hard to show the kids that there is another side to life.

Exactly my point.

Evan I will express my views on this forum as I please and I do not need your permission nor feel the need to check whether you agree or not before I post something.

A few years ago, I bought a mini soccer ball from the Adidas shop in Melbourne. It was a charity thing and for each mini soccer ball they sold, they donated a full size one to children in African Villages. The idea being that if they could get inter village kids playing soccer, they might form bonds and break the cycle of trying to kill each other when they got older.
Maybe there are times when we need a soccer ball here on the forum?
Our common interest in property investment brings us together. Our diversity of opinion, stratetgy, circumstances and objectives should make us interesting. If we all shared the same opinions or were unable to share, then this would be a very unrewarding and boring place to hang out.
Anyone for a kick of the soccer ball?

Last edited:
Well said Rob, I know I don't fit into anyones box and am a long way out of the square so bring on diversity and tolerance!

Hey Rob, how does a $2 million portfolio change your lifestyle? Do you still need to work? What is your exit strategy so that you can soon get out of the rat race and enjoy a life free of work?

Back