3 & 5 year fixed rates thread

Hi there,

Here we go again!

Post all your fixed rate movement updates here, will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks' time.

This website is useful:

http://interestratenews.com.au/full_doc_mortgages.php

Best 3 year rate is with St George and a couple of others at 6.79% pa now.

5 year rates aren't too impressive at this stage.

Last edited:
Ha back to the future JIT! 6.79%, tell 'em they're dreamin!

In 2008/9, there was a special WBC 4.99% for 5 years for memory. Nice little bit of action to get a bit of if its on offer in the next 6-12 months.

Yeah, I won't be fixing now at all, but will be watching things closely in the next few months.

Wbc

Hiya

I did fix that Westpac special 4.99% on two of my loans; that was so sweet!:p

If it comes again, i will fix the rest of my loans! It will set me up for some sweet cash flows!!!:)

That Westpac rate was for only three years. Mine is due to lapse early next year hopefully just in time for a nice new low rate. :D

I have a 1 year @6.99 coming off in December and 3 years @ 5.19 coming off next April so with any luck I can get some good rates! I only just missed the 4.99 last time :(

WBC has 3 years at 6.99% today.

All.....we are at least 6 months from rates bottoming....don't fix yet.

There will be a lot more color and movement in the next 6 months.

I think a 5.59-5.89% 3 year rate is certainly a possilbility next year.

I know this is a"fixed" rate tread but...
I just came back from a Suncorp BDM meeting.

The current offer from suncorp is:

-> 6.80% VARIABLE rate --- a discount of 1.03% for 80% LVR or less--- and this is JUST the start--- if the loan amount is more then $700,000 and LVR 70% and under--- discount would be 1.15% ---6.65%

I can tell you there is a LOT of movement within the bank to win clients...ALL banks ( big and small) has dropped their fixed rate! Discount margin on variable rate is the next to go -

Regards
Michael

Baits

Hiya

No problems with servicibility; can go 80% LVR but prefer 90%...loan less than 500K tho': is that good a bait for that juicy 1.03% discount??:p

It's looking like now I need to know when to break out of my existing fixed loan?

I've looked into this for one of my fixed rate loans.

Was told that if the cost of funding increased since I got the loan then the break fees will be relatively lower, but if it decreased then the break fees will be higher.

I've got no idea what's been happening to the banks cost of funds in the last 3 years though?!

Yeah, I only had one that was eligible for the 4.99%. This time around I have a lot on variable, so will be ready to jump if I see something I like.:D

I've got two on variable - and two on the fix ... I'll be jumping with the variables too when the time is right.

Just hoping rates are still low when the fixed comes off as they are my two bigger loans.

Back