$3,500 Bathroom Supplies Quote = Expensive?

Quoted $3,500 as follows, seems a bit of a rip off??

1 x 900x1200 shower screen. (I estimate $600)
1 x 900x1200 shower basin. (I estimate $250)
1 x caroma profile 4 toilet. (I estimate $512)
cermamic wall and floor tiles for a 3x3 bathroom. (I estimate $550)
1 x bathroom vanity unit. (I estimate $250)
Waterproofing paint $200.

Total $2362

Prices I obtained were via ebay, this tradie told me I can source my own supplies and that his price was based on the cheapest possible brand. Better off buying myself? I have a van and even if I take a day off and consider my wages/labour at $250 a day including fuel, still $938 ahead?

Thanks.

1 x 900x1200 shower screen. (I estimate $600)
1 x 900x1200 shower basin. (I estimate $250)
1 x caroma profile 4 toilet. (I estimate $512)
cermamic wall and floor tiles for a 3x3 bathroom. (I estimate $550)
1 x bathroom vanity unit. (I estimate $250)
Waterproofing paint $200.

Total $2362

Prices I obtained were via ebay, this tradie told me I can source my own supplies and that his price was based on the cheapest possible brand. Better off buying myself? I have a van and even if I take a day off and consider my wages/labour at $250 a day including fuel, still $938 ahead?

Thanks.

What sort of shower base is it?

Screen sounds cheap. Is it two fixed panels and a swing door?

You won't get much of a vanity for $250 :eek:.

Are you doing the waterproofing yourself? Is that legal, or even sensible?

We have the tiler do the waterproofing so that if his tiles leak, he cannot blame the waterproofer. I didn't think you could DIY waterproofing.

Are the tiles floor and full wall, or half wall? How much have you allowed per metre?

1 x 900x1200 shower screen. (I estimate $600) $250
1 x 900x1200 shower basin. (I estimate $250) $150
1 x caroma profile 4 toilet. (I estimate $512) $330
cermamic wall and floor tiles for a 3x3 bathroom. (I estimate $550) $250
1 x bathroom vanity unit. (I estimate $250) $250 for a basic one
Waterproofing paint $200 $90

Total $2362 $1320

Thanks.

This is what Id go on, sure they might be cheaper if on sale or auction, but for prices I can get 365 days per year, also depends on what sort of a finish you are expecting, mine are entry level

This is what Id go on, sure they might be cheaper if on sale or auction, but for prices I can get 365 days per year, also depends on what sort of a finish you are expecting, mine are entry level

Are you in Adelaide? Need to remember prices there are half of everywhere else :cool:

why do you need a shower basin if you are waterproofing and tilling the whole floor.
Just purchased New 900x900 shower screen for $230
600 vanity double glass doors $230
4X3 tiles $500

you an get a reasonable vanity for $250 excluding mixer. We got one fresh of the boat from China 2 pak soft close doors and vitreous china top. Just have to look around. Not sure if they have Bourne Bathrooms in NSW they had some Ascot mixers with no warranty for $25. Cost more to install!!

I just spent $40k on a new bathroom (budget blew out....a bit) - so those prices seem ridiculously cheap to me!

Cheers

Jamie

you an get a reasonable vanity for $250 excluding mixer. We got one fresh of the boat from China 2 pak soft close doors and vitreous china top. Just have to look around. Not sure if they have Bourne Bathrooms in NSW they had some Ascot mixers with no warranty for $25. Cost more to install!!

I would be careful with this though. I put a cheap glossy modern (on legs) vanity with a china vessel style square basin into an IP a few years ago. The china basin is doing great but the carcass is crumbling around it. The door came off after about a year and we rehung it, but the chipboard is so flimsy it is impossible to get the screws to hold.

It was cheap but ultimately it isn't cheap because it needs replacing.

This house will be lifted and shifted, and at that time we will do a new bathroom so it can stay there with one door off.

I've learned over many years to pay a bit more and get better quality. I'm not saying all cheap stuff is poor quality but for a cupboard in a wet area, I cannot fathom how something for $250 is going to go the distance.

$4,800 was my latest quote for a bathroom reno.
For Materials and Labour.

2m High Tiling on walls, new Shower and base, new Vanity and Toilet.

$4,800 was my latest quote for a bathroom reno.
For Materials and Labour.

2m High Tiling on walls, new Shower and base, new Vanity and Toilet.

That's cheap, provided the materials are of decent quality - e.g. Caroma toilets, tapware etc.

FWIW, we ended up $2K in costs for materials:

Caroma toilet = $300.
Tap ware = $250.
Vanity Unit = $300.
Tiles = $650 (20m2).
Shower Screen = $500.

Back