3 and 5 year fixed rate thread

If your going for lowest rate, then check cannex/canstar, because (without offset)
Greater Building society
1 Year Fixed Rate 4.34%
Newcastle permanent is
2 Year Fixed Rate 4.49% p.a.

and the 3 yr fixed of 4.64 is AMP.

I thought AMP fixed 3 years is currently 4.79%. At least that is what's advertised in their website and what my broker advised me

4.64% i beleive is part of their affinity package and you only qualify if your a gp, surgeon, dentist or optometrist.

I just found a colleague of mine on the Affinity package. We're not in any of the medical profession, but he is a member of Institution of Engineer Australia which entitles him to AMP's Affinity association...
He's on variable and is on low 4.x!!!
Just going back to AMP's website, it seems the Affinity package is no longer there

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11174622

Mortgage holders are rushing in to fix their loan rates as banks hike rates ahead of the expected rise in the official cash rate next year.

Westpac yesterday became the latest bank to can its specials and lift its fixed interest rates. It follows ANZ Bank's move on Tuesday.

Both Westpac and ANZ increased rates by between 9 basis points and 34 basis points with the biggest rise hitting two-year fixed mortgage rates.

Westpac increased its two-year rate to 6.29 per cent for those with at least 20 per cent equity and 6.89 per cent for those with less than 20 per cent equity.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11174622

Mortgage holders are rushing in to fix their loan rates as banks hike rates ahead of the expected rise in the official cash rate next year.

Westpac yesterday became the latest bank to can its specials and lift its fixed interest rates. It follows ANZ Bank's move on Tuesday.

Both Westpac and ANZ increased rates by between 9 basis points and 34 basis points with the biggest rise hitting two-year fixed mortgage rates.

Westpac increased its two-year rate to 6.29 per cent for those with at least 20 per cent equity and 6.89 per cent for those with less than 20 per cent equity.

This is for NZ right, not for Australia.

Anyone seen this offer? Teachers Mutual Bank
http://www.tmbank.com.au/campaigns/...cn=ditchswitchsmile2013&icd=loans.aspx-banner

4.49% pa fixed for 3 years
Upfront fees ($750) waived

They have IO.

Admittedly you do need to be a teacher or a relative of a teacher to join the Teachers Mutual Bank.
They also have a broker channel if anyone wants to go through their usual MB.

I'm trying to decide whether to refi and fix one of my loans... it's only $200k so I'm leaning towards just doing it, the rate of 4.49% is pretty good. my usual bank is 5.09% pa fixed for 3 years...

Interest rates unlikely to go down further perhaps judging from the below? http://www.asx.com.au/data/trt/ib_expectation_curve_graph.pdf

In their latest newsletter they mentioned that there would be offset available from Apr.

Sigh, I haven;t been organised enough to take up the 4.49% fixed for 3 years... and it suits me better to keep the loan variable as I might be selling the place... It was a great rate though!

The offset will be released hopefully in April from what my BDM has advised ( i suspect the offset will be available for the variable loans only- not sure at this stage..)

There has been some movement in the fixed rate market today
NAB has reduced their 2 and 3 years fixed rates - 4.84 ( -0.05) and 5.06 (-0.07)

CBA has also reduced their 2 and 3 years fixed rates - 4.84 ( -0.05) and 5.09 (-0.05) -as of last week

^ Still a bit high compared to the market especially the 3 years :rolleyes:

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/finance/nab-cuts-rates-on-fixed-rate-home-loans/2014030468141

NAB cuts rates on fixed rate home loans
By Jessie Richardson
Tuesday, 04 March 2014
NAB is now offering a two year fixed rate loan at 4.84%, and its three year fixed rate loan at 5.06% interest per annum as part of its package deal.

The bank, which cut rates on its standard fixed loans to record lows in January, has dropped the interest rates on its packaged home loan products by five basis points for two year fixed rate loans and seven basis points for three year fixed rate loans, as reported by the Sydney Morning Herald. NAB has been contacted for confirmation.

Rates for its standard non-packaged loans at NAB are currently at 4.94% and 5.16% for two and three year fixed rate loans respectively.

None of Australia's other major banks have made a change to their interest rates this month ahead of the Reserve Bank of Australia's March cash rate decision.

Westpac is offering an interest rate of 5.04% per annum for its two year fixed rate loan, and 5.29% for its three year fixed rate loan. It also cut rates for its "premium advantage package" fixed rate home loans (where the loan value exceeds $150,000) last month. For those eligible for the package, two year fixed rate loans are offered at 4.84% interest per annum and three year loans are offered at 5.09%.

ANZ is currently offering two year fixed rate loans with its "breakfree package" at 4.89% interest per annum and 5.04% per annum for its pacakged three year fixed rate loans. Unpackaged standard loans are offered by the bank at 5.04% and 5.28% for its two and three year fixed rate loans respectively.

The Commonwealth Bank's packaged loans are offered with 4.84% interest for its two year fixed rate loan, the same rate now offered by Westpac. Its packaged three year fixed rate loan is currently offering an interest rate of 5.09% per annum The bank's two year standard fixed rate loan is at 4.99% per annum, while its standard non-packaged three year fixed rate loan is at 5.24%.

ANZ next announce their interest rate changes on March 14.

It would be improbable in my opinion, that they wouldn't meet the market by reducing their 2 and 3 year fixed rates in line with the other 3 majors.

ANZ next announce their interest rate changes on March 14.

It would be improbable in my opinion, that they wouldn't meet the market by reducing their 2 and 3 year fixed rates in line with the other 3 majors.

ANZ dropped their 3 yr rate today... was 5.13 now 5.05 on break free package.
and their 2 yr dropped 0.05% aswell.

1 year 4.79% p.a.
2 years 4.84% p.a.
3 years 5.05% p.a.

Back