3 house for sale in one street

Evening all - I'm after some advice on potentially selling a house on a street where there are already 2 houses that have just come onto the market. The house is in Sydney and generally there are only half a dozen for sale in the same suburb. I am conceded it would look like there was something wrong with the street if a third house went on. The sale of the other 2 houses has nothing to do with the street itself just each vendors circumstances.

Would it be better to wait until the others have sold or join the mix ? each house in theory would suit a different demographic (one is a knock down, one small renovator, 3rd has been renovated).

logan

It would be an issue if there is an issue with the street .

Eg Bareena in Wahroonga had several up for sale last year . Never heard any mention of the upcoming exhaust stack with north conex at open houses
Someone we know low balled a 3 mill tennis court property for 2 and got accepted .....

Which suburb ?

How does your house stack up against the others ?

If all were open at the same time , you might get more visitors as they will be happy to go as there is less travelling between properties .

Personally I wouldn't be too concerned about doing it .

Cliff

Evening all - I'm after some advice on potentially selling a house on a street where there are already 2 houses that have just come onto the market. The house is in Sydney and generally there are only half a dozen for sale in the same suburb. I am conceded it would look like there was something wrong with the street if a third house went on. The sale of the other 2 houses has nothing to do with the street itself just each vendors circumstances.

Would it be better to wait until the others have sold or join the mix ? each house in theory would suit a different demographic (one is a knock down, one small renovator, 3rd has been renovated).

logan

i would wait and list it right away after the other 2 sells.......because the other 2 houses will "drum" up the buyers...and given there's only 2 houses to choose from there def be some buyers who's been left out.....so hopefully if they get "desperate" you might pick up a good price.

Try to use the same agent, as they would have a list of the same/previous buyers ( that's been drummed up) + new buyers.

Thanks for the tips. Each of the houses are very different and will suit a different occupier - there really is nothing wrong with the street. I know each of the vendors circumstances and it has nothing to do with the street. Interest in the houses will hopefully be high, I just would not want them to go to auction on the same day !

Back