3 years fixed 4.59%

ME bank were offering these same 3 year fixed rates in Dec last year before they upped them just before Xmas....I locked in one of my loans for 3 years then.

Watching St George for one loan whilst on variable

Currently FI-IO rates are...

3 years 4.89% p.a.
5 years 4.99% p.a.

Couple of years ago WBC had a brief window at 4.99% and you had to be quick to get in, now...

Do they know something we do not ?

Must makes sense for them to secure numerous loans at that rate.

What are the Futures saying ?

Or is it just a quick drive for more business.

Keith had a great post on this

Listen to the market. It's dictated by the best brains that manage trillions of $$ so they have the most to win/lose. The market says no rise in rates for 18 months... and a cut is far more likely.

I'm happy to watch this graph change every week - I'm 90%+ sure that it will give me a 6yr fixed rate below 5%, and even if the 5yr rate does go up unexpectedly, based on past experience it's likely to go up by only a few bps before it really increases. I reckon you should be guided less by your fears and more by your dreams.

attachment.php

As an aside, I noticed yesterday that someone predicted a 0% cash rate by 2016! However, I'd be v. surprised it that happened.

Cheaper funding costs being passed on. We've seen it through big movements in the 5 year rates and some of the shorter term rates have fallen too.

Not sure anyone can say with much certainty when they'll bottom out, but there is a pretty interesting thread on fixed rates where the SS community share their predictions! :)

Just wondering if this fix rate can be interest only with offset?
i need good fix rate for interest only with offset for my PPOR

ME bank does not allow offset accounts against fixed rate loans which is common with lenders. There is a couple that do allow it namely cua.

Teachers mutual bank have offset against fixed loans but you do need to work in the education sector or be a relative of someone who does, to join them.

I rang St George Bank on Saturday to discuss converting to 5 year fixed @ 4.99%. They have been a bit slow in emailing the paperwork but I am going to fix for that period.

5 years @ 4.99%, no switching fee (I have an advantage package for about $395 pa) with the ability to pay up to $10,000 pa off the principal per year.

I see the risk in respect of interest rates on the upside, but not too great, however, much can happen in 5 years and I would think it would be northwards for rates.

The property is an IP so any rate rises / falls are buffered by tax rates but I am happy to lock in.

Any extra funds will go to super and margin loan (conservatively geared). However, will be happy to enter market again if interest rates do rise and a tipping point is reached.

Best to all

5 years at 4.99 sounds like a pretty good deal Bunlee! I know Westpac is offering that deal as well, has anyone seen a 5 yr fixed rate lower that 4.99?

Back