$300k cash in bank - what would you do?

Nonetheless, why do people always go straight to negatively gearing? If I had $300k I'd want to buy positively geared, means I can relax straight away from the purchase until I find the next place.

well, im in a similar situation to the "hypothetical" one,

Ihave the cash, unfortunately, zero income at the moment,

so thats posing another major question

Depends on your age and mindset.

If you're risk-averse, buy a house, get a job.

If you're a little more risk-taking, lever a bit and try to get 8-12% returns and maybe do some side jobs.

If you're risk-taking, aim for 10x in 2-3 years because unless you're a high flying employee (and I mean very high flying, earning say $500k pa+) you'd never save 10x that amount in 10 years of working. And even if you do earn $500k, it'd take you 10 years to save that much. Why wouldn't you try to do 10x in 2-3 years?

Depends on your age and mindset.

If you're risk-taking, aim for 10x in 2-3 years because unless you're a high flying employee (and I mean very high flying, earning say $500k pa+) you'd never save 10x that amount in 10 years of working. And even if you do earn $500k, it'd take you 10 years to save that much. Why wouldn't you try to do 10x in 2-3 years?

im almost 30,

could you explain the last paragraph for me, im totally confused:confused::confused:

Back