340k where to buy?

We're ready to buy our 4th property and we had the following places in mind and wanted to know what others thought of these places? We need positive or neutral cash flow + low vacancy rate (1st pref) to buy and hold or develop in the future.

We are located in Melb and time poor :( so all our choices are in Melbourne and Geelong (places that we are somewhat familiar with)

For 3 bedroom house

- Meadow Heights
- Frankston North
- Seaford
- Clifton Springs
- St Leonards

1 bedroom unit

- Essendon
- Moonee Ponds
- Brunswick

:confused::confused::confused:

You won't be buying anything of value at that price range when it comes to houses. Go close to the city and buy a one bedder.

I did say VALUE.

Didn't realise 1 bedders were good value?

Easily to replicate , no scarcity

I prefer houses but wouldn't mind a good sized unit in a nicer area

The thing about a one bedder is that it is a bit of a transit lounge. People won't spend up big on them like they would a house. Yeah I get that more and more are living a permanent single lifestyle but you won't need to pay up big because there's plenty of space in the sky

They're not making any more land

Cheeky post oc1 considering your a developer?

Didn't realise 1 bedders were good value?

Easily to replicate , no scarcity

I prefer houses but wouldn't mind a good sized unit in a nicer area

The thing about a one bedder is that it is a bit of a transit lounge. People won't spend up big on them like they would a house. Yeah I get that more and more are living a permanent single lifestyle but you won't need to pay up big because there's plenty of space in the sky

They're not making any more land

Cheeky post oc1 considering your a developer?

What???? Read my post again, carefully. My "value" comment is regarding houses, not apartments. :rolleyes:

What???? Read my post again, carefully. My "value" comment is regarding houses, not apartments. :rolleyes:

What did I miss

You don't like houses in 340k price bracket

You prefer 1 bedders

oc1 was making a cheeky comment on houses in Meadow Heights.
It's an inside joke, only if you're from Melbourne or have lived in Melbourne for quite a while or understand the Melbourne Northern suburbs well will you understand what he's obliquely referring to :)

oc1 was making a cheeky comment on houses in Meadow Heights.
It's an inside joke, only if you're from Melbourne or have lived in Melbourne for quite a while or understand the Melbourne Northern suburbs well will you understand what he's obliquely referring to :)

I live in melbourne and know all the suburbs

Still don't get it

Back