$350K Budget around Brisbane

Hey guys,

I am looking for my 3rd investment around Brisbane - I have about $350k to play with but I also need around $350p/week rent for the finance to work. I have been looking around - I am chasing more a reno for CG/equity with reasonable cash flow. I was looking around Kippa Ring but not many that I feel comfortable with up there. Had a quick look down Logan way, I feel it's good for CF but not so much CG.

Had a quick look out Wynnum way but think it's just beyond my reach. Anyone got any other pockets with good prospects and reasonable CF? I've been looking at Banyo with the new Woolies to go in shortly......

i've been looking around brisbane also.. thinking logan area.. possibly runcorn?

would love some advice!

This will be my 2nd investment .. first property was in mount druitt 6 years ago, with great help from this forum :)

Our son bought a two bedroom unit in Greenslopes four years ago for about $293K. After nearly two years he bought a house and rented the unit.

It would be valued at about $350K now and I think he gets $350 per week.

Ormiston has properties around the 330 to 350k mark although its in the redlands. Has local train, prestigious school, proximity to cleveland and wellington point.

Seems rental demand is high, theres not much stock on the market.

appreciate both responses.. greenslopes would be great, but well & truly out of my budget at the moment (unfortunately)

thank you sliderc, thats good to consider. How far is it to Brisbane city? much crime in the area?

whats thorneside like? i noticed its close to ormiston

Ormiston is around a 40min trainride to the city. I cant comment on the crime rate however it has a good stigma due to the "upper class" side of the train tracks.

Thorneside I'm not really sure about however I get the feeling that its kinda middle ground (between cleveland and the city but far from both).

Birkdale has a nice pocket along its coastline where you can get properties < 150m from the coast for < 400k.

Wellington point is really nice (obviously a beautiful park on the waterfront/point), probably the highest median value area but a fair bit newer stock.

I'd honestly be looking for other peoples opinions to be honest :), I'm a little bias (I have a couple of IPs in the redlands and I live there...but I love it)

Back