350K to 800K in 6 years

Have a look at this property

I was watching this property. In 2007, a UK resident bought this property 350K. I believe the $$ was lower at that point. Then his needs changed so he decided to sell it after year. Sold it for the same price... but the $$ value was higher so he didn't lose much.
Then an old couple moved it. They started renovating slowly by themselves. I saw them laying bricks around the clad house. I saw them fixing up the gutter. I'm sure they would have done a lot inside as well. I was amazed at their skill, dedication & hard-working.

Now, this house is sold for 800K!!

I'm sure they would have moved to another run-down house somewhere and start all over again. Not a bad way to spend their 'retirement'.

Omg... Western Sydney.... I had a job interview this morning (analytical role at a big bank) and the interviewer started off by telling me how his townhouse in Baulkham Hills has gone up! He only bought in 2012 too! That started a fun discussion. Anyway, his tip: Ermington. Apparently there is a school there that is or will become selective.
I saw Bunnings has just opened a warehouse in Rydalmere so just maybe...
Anyway I felt a rapport with him so I've just sent him a LinkedIn request. :)
(I am sure I didn't land a job or 2 in the past in other interviews due to the enthusiasm I've shown for property lol)....
Anyway, nice to find someone who shares a wavelength with me. :)

Ermington, Rydalmere, Dundas, Silverwater are all in that pocket. Silverwater is down market Auburn (probably worth investigating but very small if you don't want to be next to industrial). The other three are all north of the Parra river and are handy to north/south and e/w roads.

And today.... I overheard some random ladies in the bathroom at work talking about how St Mary's (or was it St Clair? I don't remember) is desirable/expensive, everything's being sold 20-40k more than the "offers over" price.... Crazy hot...

Back