3D - Anybody here have trouble seeing the full effect?

I went to see Avatar 3D today. Fantastic.

Many more movies are coming out in 3D now. I love it. It's not like those roller coaster ones they used to show that make you feel sick. It just enhances the whole experience. I don't go to the movies a lot but will certainly make an effort with the 3D ones.

They advertised Shrek 3D (3rd one I think).

Alice in Wonderland 3D (Jonny Depp- a must see).

Me too. I can remember a vendor selling large framed ones in the middle of Indooroopilly shopping centre, and overhearing some older people saying they were B.S. and didn't get it. I on the other hand was browsing them for ages!

ojoej3.jpg

-Ian

Love these!!

Whew! I was getting worried I had lost the art of seeing the pictures... I've just spent a couple of minutes 're-training' my eyes/brain with the love heart picture.

When they first came out I used to do the learner's trick: Start by holding the paper/book right up to your nose with your eyes shut. Then you slowly open them and you try to look 'through' the picture. You sort of start off cross-eyed and everything is pretty fuzzy. Slowly move the picture away but stay relaxed and don't 'focus' too much. Before you know it the picture pops up at you! Then sometimes you can't NOT see it IYKWIM. :)

Well, I just did that with the laptop which I'm not really recommending you do as I don't want to give anyone a headache, but it's all good.

:)

Whew! I was getting worried I had lost the art of seeing the pictures... I've just spent a couple of minutes 're-training' my eyes/brain with the love heart picture.

When they first came out I used to do the learner's trick: Start by holding the paper/book right up to your nose with your eyes shut. Then you slowly open them and you try to look 'through' the picture. You sort of start off cross-eyed and everything is pretty fuzzy. Slowly move the picture away but stay relaxed and don't 'focus' too much. Before you know it the picture pops up at you! Then sometimes you can't NOT see it IYKWIM. :)

Well, I just did that with the laptop which I'm not really recommending you do as I don't want to give anyone a headache, but it's all good.

:)

Wow

That just worked for me!

Looks like a heart is hollowed out in the middle of the picture :)

I have lower vision in one eye :( stopped me from getting into airforce as a pilot after highschool. Never stopped me from achieving anything else apart from being able to see shapes in stupids pictures. Lucky I got better things to do...

Got a keen sense of smell though, smell likes roses to me :D

Looks like a heart is hollowed out in the middle of the picture :)

That's what happens when you view the picture inversed by crossing your eyes. The heart should be popping out of the background, and look closer to you than the background (Opposite of what you're seeing).

Edit: I've often tried to find this kind of diagram on the net without success, so I decided to finally make my own:

Most magic eye images are designed to be viewed behind the screen, but some people view them floating in front of the screen, by going cross-eyed. When viewed that way, background becomes foreground and visa-versa.

-Ian

Last edited:
love the heart!

i just let my eyes stare at the picture until it is blury while my mind goes blank. after around 30 seconds i blink and the image appears.

the secret is not to let your brain get in the way!

love the heart!

i just let my eyes stare at the picture until it is blury while my mind goes blank. after around 30 seconds i blink and the image appears.

the secret is not to let your brain get in the way!

Easier for you women to do this Lizzie ;)

if you have a lazy eye (amblyopic) (one eye that has poor vision) or a turned eye (eg. one eye turns in or out) then you may not see 3d.
Both eyes need to have simultaneous vision in order to see 3d.

Thought so, i have a turned eye.........

"are you taking to me" when i seem to be looking over their right shoulder :rolleyes:

GG

Hey CD,

Those instructions worked for me too. I've only ever seen them 2-3 times before and then only for a split second. I could actually stare at the heart (popping out) for almost as long as I wanted to (a good 20 seconds - right until my boss came up behind me! Doh!).

David.

hahaha - it was more the point that you went from thinking about 50+ cogs (female) to a picture of one single mouse wheel (male).

yes - i am tongue in cheek!

Back