3D building plans.

My step Daughter is in the process of deciding on house plans for her new house.
We're having some difficulty in visualising the rooms and their layout etc.
I was wondering if anyone has come across or used an app that turns the plans into a 3D plan where we can have a better feel for the building and be able to virtually walk through?

My step Daughter is in the process of deciding on house plans for her new house.
We're having some difficulty in visualising the rooms and their layout etc.
I was wondering if anyone has come across or used an app that turns the plans into a 3D plan where we can have a better feel for the building and be able to virtually walk through?

A FHBer client of mine recently was deciding on a house and land package. Her father who does 3D modelling in his spare time knocked up a scale model of her house, block, landscaping etc. She sent me through some pics, it was fantastic. Apparently she ended up using the model to also when making her colour selections to make sure everything matched nicely. Nice father. :)

I'd be interested to see if there is an automated program available though.

A FHBer client of mine recently was deciding on a house and land package. Her father who does 3D modelling in his spare time knocked up a scale model of her house, block, landscaping etc. She sent me through some pics, it was fantastic. Apparently she ended up using the model to also when making her colour selections to make sure everything matched nicely. Nice father. :)

I'd be interested to see if there is an automated program available though.

As Prop has said above, as long as the architect/drafty is using a relatively current CAD program, they can usually automate a 3D render of it.

Back