45% return in 1 year

Not bad at all, but not as good it seems.

I have no idea what the DA would have cost, but if it were 25k, the overall return after costs in the past year would have been about 25%.
Plus any rent achieved in that time.
A lot of Sydney would have done 25% in the same period.

BIL just told me someone very recently bought some land in Tamworth for $2.2M and flipped it for $25M or there abouts in 15 months so...

Yeah, without looking at those plans imo you'd struggle to justify paying more than 1.3m for that site imo. Even that would be a struggle

Agree that's a very optimistic asking price. I can't see the sums working, for presumably 2x1 apartments in Baysie, at the cost base.

Hats off to the person that bought this place a year ago for 950k and just sold today for 1.375m with DA approved plans.

Either the original 950k was a bargain or the 1.375m is an elephant of a price (for a rebuild with construction risk).. prob both

www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-rozelle-119603955

Actually , once you take into account , holding costs , cost of the DA , stamp duty on the way in and agents fees on the way out , I think you'll find the actually profit IS SIGNIFICANTLY LESS .

Cliff

Hey, it beats a day job 9.00 till 5.00, these guys pay tax too.
If you structure correctly you pay 30% tax and you pay for plans and permits $15-20k not much effort, other than securing the right site

Mtr)

Last edited:
I suppose only if they use cash to purchase the site, think about the holding cost for 12 month....

Never use cash to purchase a site, use OPM (other peoples money), pay holding fees during this period, if you are making gross profit of 30-40% you are way in front.

One on the med reps I see bought a unit in castle hill for around 330 in 2007 .

Land rezoned to high rise and her unit is now valued at over 2 mill .

The strata is in the process of joining together to sell . There are a few owners interested ...

Cliff

Back