5-15 kms from Perth CBD

Dear all,

Need some guidance from your experiences.
I am a first home buyer who is going to be owner occupied.

My criteria are : -
1) Budget of $430k - $450k
2) 5 km - 15km from CBD.
3) As I work in CBD without a car bay, access to CBD via public transport is important
4) Property must be ready to move in as I wanna get out off renting ASAP
5) Looking for future potential for capital growth. As this my stepping stone property, potential for future rent potential is considered
6) Prefer land+house than apartments.

From reading here, the suburbs Girrawen, Forrestfield, Kondola, Lockridge are discussed here.

What do you guys think ? I am in the right path if I search these suburbs ?
And where else do you recommend?

Any input is appreciated as I am open to suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this far.

Kind regards,
pp

Kiara is a suburb in Perth that is about 11k's out, worth considering if you are after a neat, low maintenance home. There is buses but no train, heaps of buses to Morley bus station also. Most houses are well maintained and approx 20 years old. You could possibly get into Bassendean on a block 500sqm or smaller, particularly around the avenues and have access to train also. Eden Hill is within your range also with some dev't potential within walking distance to Success Hill or Bassendean train stations. You could possibly get a fixer-upper in Ashfield for that too- all depends what you are after. Bassendean and Ashfield are going through some great rejuvenation with cafe's, restaurants, shops - much like what Maylands has gone through in past 5 years.

Never heard of kiara :S

:p

:) It's over here! This is neat and decent size house and block. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-kiara-117432063
I think when they start creating smaller blocks nearby on Bottlebrush drive Kiara and Morley Drive Eden Hill (old Eden Hill pub site) it could push prices up. Also their is a proposal for a catholic High School to be built beside Good Shepherd primary school so I think that will push demand up!

:) It's over here! This is neat and decent size house and block. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-kiara-117432063
I think when they start creating smaller blocks nearby on Bottlebrush drive Kiara and Morley Drive Eden Hill (old Eden Hill pub site) it could push prices up. Also their is a proposal for a catholic High School to be built beside Good Shepherd primary school so I think that will push demand up!
That is a nice location and house. Will check it out this Sunday.
And yes I have never heard of Kiara too ;)

Thank you for the input. Will definately look into it .

pp

Kiara is a suburb in Perth that is about 11k's out, worth considering if you are after a neat, low maintenance home. There is buses but no train, heaps of buses to Morley bus station also. Most houses are well maintained and approx 20 years old. You could possibly get into Bassendean on a block 500sqm or smaller, particularly around the avenues and have access to train also. Eden Hill is within your range also with some dev't potential within walking distance to Success Hill or Bassendean train stations. You could possibly get a fixer-upper in Ashfield for that too- all depends what you are after. Bassendean and Ashfield are going through some great rejuvenation with cafe's, restaurants, shops - much like what Maylands has gone through in past 5 years.
I have included all the suggested location in my analysis. Thanks heaps .

pp

Back