5.49% per annum

G'day

Just want to know if members can share their best offer of interest rate from their financial institution for a loan below $750000.00

Would you get a better deal than 5.49%?

If so, which bank?

ta
t

If LVR is under 80% (advert says 75% but applicable with that loan amount) then Advantedge do 4.99% on 2 year fixed (if less than 50% of loan is fixed) and 5.38% on variable.

Regards

Shahin

It's been said a million times before but rates only one factor.

For instance, Advantedge is a good choice if you're not in need of an offset and/or are coming close to hitting a serviceability wall.

Ubank might offer cheap rates but the minute you aim to something out a little outside the norm you may find their product/service a bit limiting.

Is this for a purchase or a refinance? If the latter - which lender are you currently with? The first option might be to call them, advise that lender x is offering x and that you'd like to give them the opportunity to match before you refinance.

Cheers

Jamie

Bankwest

Hiya

Thanks for that link...i have a Bankwest loan atm lower than 80% LVR at 5.79% and i am going to call them tomorrow ....hope they will budge:D

assuming a few things there is no good reason why you should not be able to get a near 5.40 or better rate from a bunch of A grade lenders, but they would be a negotiated rate rather than a rack special.

ta
rolf

Thanks for that link...i have a Bankwest loan atm lower than 80% LVR at 5.79% and i am going to call them tomorrow ....hope they will budge:D

With Bankwest you're never too sure whether they want to do business on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday :)

Policy, how that bank or product will help you expand your wealth creation, features, LMI cost etc... > Rate.

But purely on rate.

Heritage- 5.44% ( basic home loan, no fees); up to 95% LVR
ING - 5.48% ( 100% offset + full featured) - 80% LVR

and then you have the big 4 banks which are more then happy to neg on the rate...with a loan size of $750k and if LVR is under 80% i know ANZ and maybe CBA will go down to 5.45% ( 100% offset).

and then you have your fixed rates....

Bankwest

Hiya

No joy with BankWest...5.38% only for new loans......

i am on 5.79% atm; they can negotiate down to 5.54% but have to pay application fees of 400:eek:

The only way to get that 5.38% is to leave them, go to another bank and then go back to Bankwest...their words not mine !!:eek:

What arrogance eh?

It's been said a million times before but rates only one factor.

For instance, Advantedge is a good choice if you're not in need of an offset and/or are coming close to hitting a serviceability wall.

Ubank might offer cheap rates but the minute you aim to something out a little outside the norm you may find their product/service a bit limiting.

Is this for a purchase or a refinance? If the latter - which lender are you currently with? The first option might be to call them, advise that lender x is offering x and that you'd like to give them the opportunity to match before you refinance.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi Jamie...

Thanks for your point of view...

I barely try to open a conversation about the best offer of home loan rate and i believe that there are always new information with new thread.

I agree most investor will not only rely on the rate when investing in property...

But it always be helpful to get upto date with others' experiences in the wide wide world of investing...

ta
t

we had a ripper of a pricing deal out of bankwest at 80%. Then the val got done and put it at 110% lvr on a single security. Lucky we did the val upfront with them before we sent the deal in.

A side comment is when looking at 80% - no lmi yes but lenders may see 80% as high risk as they're carrying the exposure to 80%. A few reflect this in their tiered pricing

check val thru another lender came in 80k higher than the valuer allocated for the BW job so we fit it elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back