50-60m to a train line

Is it a poor property if it is just 50m away from a train line? Hard to sell/lease?

I am looking at one property and it is very close to a train line but it's price is 15% lower than the market value (due to the train line). So what is your opinion on this?

thanks!

My IP formerly PPOR is about 15 metres from a rail line, close to, but not on a main road, has not bothered the tenants at all and mostly did not bother me when I lived there. The up side is walking to the train station and no parking fees!

Is it a poor property if it is just 50m away from a train line? Hard to sell/lease?

I am looking at one property and it is very close to a train line but it's price is 15% lower than the market value (due to the train line). So what is your opinion on this?

thanks!

Depends, heap of apartments in Hawthorn within a yell of the train line....strengthen the glass and its fine.

I have posted a similar topic to this just recently. It also may depend which suburb you are looking at buying in... Also the type of property.. Would elevated properties such as apartments have less noise?

When one apple in a box is spoiled the box is a little cheaper.
When all apples rise in price so to does every box..
We have made 250K from Ip across the road from rail line.
They are slightly cheaper to buy but still appreciate with the rest of the suburb.
There are some tenants who may not like but for every one of those there will be one that finds it perfect for commuting to work.
Transit Orientated Development is certainly not being created because people hate being close to public transport?

I lived literally a footpath across from west Richmond train station in melbourne. My mates would often bag me saying I lived on the platform. Now personally I didn't like it for a few reasons.

1 - As some trains ran through the station and not stopped they had to for some reason blow the whistle which was very annoying!

2 - if they did stop the sound of a train pulling into a station is just as annoying, ecspecially when trying to sleep.

3 - And most importantly train stations is where your shady characters tend to congregate. Now this could have been more so at this particular station because Richmond has several housing commissions but I must say I did feel uneasy on many occasions and on 3 seperate occasions saw drug deals taking place directly outside my place. One in particular was about 1 meter from my front door when I was leaving to go somewhere.

So for my 2 cents, if it is just a train line and not a station I do not see a huge issue but if is a station then I would have a really good look at suburbs crime and the security of the residency. Whilst you will still get CG as the area grows you may find it quite difficult to rent it out and my have tenants breaking contract if they do not feel safe.

Just some thoughts on my experience.

Back