6 unit build - Northside of Brisbane

Hi All

I am about to go to tender for a 6 unit development to be constructed in the suburb of Zillmere.

Unfortunately the builder who built our last project cannot do this as their license does not permit them to build such a project.

My architect has some people in mind, but I just thought that I would put a call out to see if anyone knows of any good (and well priced!) builders who they could recommend.

Any response appreciated.

Thanks

Ben

I haven't built with them but know of a set of townhouses in our neighbourhood built by them that look good and I also know someone who built a house with them and were happy - Sanctuary 28 homes.

Hi Ben,

We are working with Garry from Ponsford Builders for our current 6 townhouse development in Annerley, very happy with their work and progress so far.
They did well to further get the price reductions with creative methods, even after appointing them.
They were shortlisted from about 5 builders, including one we used on a recent 5 townhouse build at Camp Hill.

The builders we used for Camp Hill were not competitive on this project.
For this reason it's probably best to shop around for each individual project.
If one company does not need your work at the time, what incentive is there for them to be highly competitive on price?

Can see progress pics here if interested:
http://www.ultraproperty.com.au/photos/

Hi Ace, I just had a quick look at your works - great progress photos.
I saw one where you had a DCP house removed for one of your developments.
How long did the process take. BCC have indicated to me that the application process to see if a DCP house can be removed takes 3 months. Was this your experience?
G

Hi GGG,

That's going back a couple of years now...
From memory though, removing the DCP house was not an issue and caused no further delay to the DA application process.
We made sure it would not be a problem before purchasing the property to develop.
I think our town planner gave us the go ahead that there would be no problem removing it.

Hi Ace, I just had a quick look at your works - great progress photos.
I saw one where you had a DCP house removed for one of your developments.
How long did the process take. BCC have indicated to me that the application process to see if a DCP house can be removed takes 3 months. Was this your experience?
G

Sometimes you may choose to separate the house demolition from the development if you anticipate that there may be complaints.

Demo of a house is code notifiable and doesn't carry the same right of appeal as units/ townhouse impact DA. Am doing so in Greenslopes at the moment where neighbouring block was subject of P&E Court Appeal

Your house in a DCP zone wasn't one in a group of three was it ?
We really want to move our house but the magical number for council is 3. Admittedly this was a couple of years ago.

Really annoys me seeing lots of house's disappearing in our area and not being able to do the same :(

Thanks guys for the responses. Particularly intersted in Ace's response. I like builders that are looking at getting the best result even after they have picked up the job. I shall do a bit more digging on them and let you know.
Thanks for your time.
Cheers
Ben

Back