60cm appliances vs 90cm appliances

Hi guys,

Need your opinion on something.

Would you not buy a townhouse because the Cooktop and Stove were 60cm instead of 90cm........do people look at the size or more the brand?

Building 2 townhouses and for my one I'm definately going a mid-range brand in the 90cm range because my wife cooks a lot and we host a fair bit as well but for the other townhouse I'm selling I'm in 2 minds whether I put in 60cm Cooktop and Stove but a better brand like Bosch etc or whether I do the same as my townhouse and put in 90cm appliances but go a medium range brand like Westinghouse or Blanco etc?

So for the townhouse I'm selling, do you think 60cm would be ok? Most townhouses I've seen are normally 60cm anyway but I'm paranoid about this as I wouldn't want to get buyers turned away from this because of the smaller size Cooktop and Stove. Caveat, the buyer is likely to be Asian (probably Chinese) in the area I'm building, not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Thanks all.

I have a 600mm oven and a 900 cooktop. Looks fine.

I can't myself ever doing another PPOR kitchen, but if I did I would have two ovens - a 600 and a larger one. (I like the Smeg 700.)

I would go 900mm cooktop and 600mm oven. I'd never go back to a 600mm cooktop. It used to drive me crazy when I was cooking for a family.

Good tip that I've picked up from SS.

900mm cooktop with 600mm oven.

That's a fantastic tip that I hadn't really thought of previously, thank you.

With that I could afford the better brand like Bosch throughout as for some reason the 900mm ovens are 2 or 3 times the price of the 600mm ovens.

I may even try and convince the missus to go this option if we can see that it'll definately fit her largest trays etc, might take some measurements etc.

Does the 600mm oven with the 900mm cooktop still look ok you guys think?

it's quite common, don't stress

you'll still need the 900 extractor tho

Thanks Ausprop, I think that's definately the way I'm going to go even for mine potentially.

What's the 900 extractor exactly, will this come with the oven or cooktop or is this something the plumber will know to supply? Thanks

i think it all comes down to your budget.

Recommend to look at packages that electrical retailer provides.

For example, the good guys provide a significant discount for rangehood, oven and cooktop.

i think it all comes down to your budget.

Recommend to look at packages that electrical retailer provides.

For example, the good guys provide a significant discount for rangehood, oven and cooktop.

Thanks bumble for sure. But the only issue is I think the packages are only all 600mm whereas I'd want a combination etc. However, maybe I can pay extra to upgrade a couple of the items to 900mm etc.

+1 for the 600mm oven and either 700 or 900 cooktop then 900 range.

I second this one.

Pics to prove it :D

Although the cooktop is still only 600.

Thanks bumble for sure. But the only issue is I think the packages are only all 600mm whereas I'd want a combination etc. However, maybe I can pay extra to upgrade a couple of the items to 900mm etc.

This was an Omega pack; oven, cooktop and dishwasher. Rangehood is an unlabled "Robin Hood" and was cheap as. All from Good Guys.

Attachments

• Kitchen after.jpg
    Kitchen after.jpg
    556.1 KB · Views: 226
I second this one.

Pics to prove it :D

Although the cooktop is still only 600.

This was an Omega pack; oven, cooktop and dishwasher. Rangehood is an unlabled "Robin Hood" and was cheap as. All from Good Guys.

Looks great, well done :)

Yeah I'll def go the 600mm oven for the other townhouse but the missus insists on a 900mm one for us which is ok.

Back