60th Birthday Present

My old man is turning 60 in a couple of weeks and I am in a bind of what to get a man that has everything.

He doesn't drink or smoke so that rules all those goodies out.

I just don't know what to get him.

Any suggestions. Best suggestion gets a high five.

What about a travel voucher?

I did wotif vouchers for family last Christmas . On the card I wrote on of the two following verses ...

(for the Parents)

A voucher we give you,
To send you away,
The idea's to grant you,
A nice holiday.

Or...

(for the siblings and Adult children)

Its time for fun, and it makes sense
to go on tour at our expense
Merry Christmas, have a great day
We love you heaps now go away!

Agree with the idea of an 'experience' rather than an actual gift. Holiday, concert etc..

My husband really likes sharks so for his last birthday I bought him a shark scuba dive at the aquarium (the only real shark diving one can do in Melbourne :eek:). He enjoyed it a lot. If we had more money, I'd buy a holiday to some place where he could swim with sharks in the ocean (e.g. WA).

Anyway, try to think of something your dad likes then find an 'experience' to match.

Bought my Dad a hot air balloon ride for his 60th. Bets to do it with someone else so buy one for yourself and go with him, he'll love it (as long as he's not scared of heights, in which case he'll hate it...).

Mentioned this in another post.

Photobook of their life. Add in stories from kids, grandkids and families.

Something to go through, talk about and able to pass on.

Tour of Kakadu - if he hasn't done that. With you of course.

Fly to Darwin, pick up the tour from there.

Throw in a fishing trip off Groot Island as well.

For me, as a father, and who will be 60 in 8 short years; a trip like that with my son would be terrific.

Like the Photobook idea and easily done these days- can do via Apple for less than $50

Second the experiences idea- chipped in with the siblings and got my dad a flight centre voucher and tix to the tennis open in Melb Jan for his 70th recently- he loved it.

Also consider a magazine or newspaper subscription if he's into reading.

Thanks all.

I'm thinking Alicia Keys tickets for him and his wife?

I know he likes good voices and she certainly has one. Would this meet everyone's expectations of an experience?

Back