7 degrees of separation

you know how we are all supposed to be only 7 people away from everyone else in the world - well - found out something kinda cool today ... which, i guess, is also a "so what" moment ... but anyhow.

reconnected on facebook with a friend i went to primary and middle school with (amongst lots of other friends). he was always very musical and talented. found out today that he was the keyboard player in russell crowe's band "rus le roque and the romantics". he was also the keyboard player in a early 90's group called "altered images", but that is another story.

that makes me two degrees from russell crowe - 3 degrees from cate blanchet and everyone else famous rus knows.

apparently he was a moody bugger then, too.

not very interesting but kinda cool.

i'm also one degree from harley dale - hia chief economist - but not as exciting as rus le roque!

reconnected on facebook with a friend i went to primary and middle school with...he was always very musical and talented...

I'm with Painter on this one...a tad confused ??

When you say reconnected - do you mean in the biblical sense ?? ....and is your husband aware of this ?? :)

no!

it means that you know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who ... seven times over. and by the time you get to the 7th knows someone, you have covered everyone one in the world.

My sincerest apologies madam. I had no idea. If I have slighted your character in any such way I would be deeply mortified. A thousand pardons.

I'm not game to tell you the people I'm related to,you would never believe me?
Anybody here who has interesting relations?:rolleyes:

Remember the guy in brissie who was decapitated and who's head was used as a bowling ball by his killers? I used to hang out with him in high school. He got 2 of my friends pregnant and was a complete tosser.

One of my other friends from high school, Emily Spiro, modelled for ralph magazine. Another high school friend, Adam Ekersley, was in the top 10 on Australian idol.

I have personally met Kevin Rudd, Peter Costello, John Howard, and various other politicans, Daniels Johns (musican for those who are clueless) and other 90's musicians at various gigs I attended, Justice Kerby (He is an extremely interesting fellow, even if you don't agree with him all the time), and a few other names. NONE of these people would have a clue who I am, I doubt I registered enough on their importance scale to be remembered even 5 mins after talking to them.

Back in the early 90's I had the fortune of meeting and getting to know quite a few professional footballers (NRL - you know, REAL footfall, not that pansy AFL crap), as my father helped with training both parramatta eels and brisbane bronco's teams on seperate occaisions.

I think if you sat down and thought about it, everyone has interesting people or 'famous' they have met or known throughout life - sometimes we just don't stop to think about it, because it isn't special to us, but to someone else it very well could be...

My brother used to go to the same class with one of the sons of sultan of Brunei, he used to invite them to palace to play games. And my parents met sultan too at one of the annual holiday celebrations where he goes and greets people.

My brother used to go to the same class with one of the sons of sultan of Brunei, he used to invite them to palace to play games. And my parents met sultan too at one of the annual holiday celebrations where he goes and greets people.

While living in LA, my wife scored two shifts as the personal nurse to the Prince of Saudi Arabia while his normal nurse was off sick. This guy has 24 hour health care. He is older, and a bit unwell.

Had to go to (one of) his holiday house in Holmby Hills.

She got picked up by limo at our apartment complex, and delivered back the next day, and then did it all again the next night. Amazing wealth.

Got paid - wait for it - $1000 cash per shift.

Her only duty? - dispense two pills at 7.30pm and 11.30pm, and be on hand in case of any emergency.

Back