7 Steps To Wealth - Jon Fitzgerald

I've never bought a property through JLF nor will I, but it was JF and his book that actually got me started in real estate investment back in 2007.
On a Virgin Blue flight to Melbourne, I flicked through the Voyeur mag and read an article about him in which he shared some of the ideas in his book.
So, I bought a copy.
I don't agree with some of what he says, but I picked out elements that resonated with me and used them in forming my own investment strategy. I've done likewise with Michael Yardney and Ed Chan.
So far, it seems to be working.
My advice would be to read the book and form your own opnion. Just remember that the author runs a company that sells a particular type of IP, so don't take all that is said in the book as being valid for all circumstances or individuals.

Has anyone read 7 steps to wealth - by John Fitzgerald.
I was wondering what your thoughts were.

It's a pretty good book.

Lots of good ideas and good stuff on the right mindset.

As Rob said; remember there is another agenda attached - to sell his develoments.

I read the book recently and thought it contained very good fundamentals.
That is, land appreciates while buildings depreciate. So I recommend this book to all beginners.

Having said that, some of the details in the book is not so bullet-proof in the real world. e.g. i've crunched some numbers based on his IP selection criteria and chances are you are not even going to get close to finding an IP that meets all the criteria. I'm talking about factors such as: avg affordability, owner occupied %, vacancy %, dist to CBD. So ultimately it will come down to balance and judgement.

But on the topic of books :D I also read Stuart Wemyss' "Smart Borrower's Handbook" and I think the value content of the book is 100 times greater (if u want to take your game to the next level). ;)

But on the topic of books :D I also read Stuart Wemyss' "Smart Borrower's Handbook" and I think the value content of the book is 100 times greater (if u want to take your game to the next level). ;)

Mich, a belated thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

I have noticed John Fitzgeralds advertising campaign has been huge in the last few months, I see his face everywhere.

Smart Borrower looks interesting, I might look into it.

Back