'80's tragic

Yes, folks; that's me (and my wife)

We went along to the Cheltenham Hotel on Sat night (I think that's what it's called) to see:

"Go West" and Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet) on stage.

It was bloody fantastic; started of with Peter Cox and the Go West boys on stage, then after a few tunes Tony Hadley came out looking as smooth as always.

They did a couple of numbers together and then GW left the stage while TH belted out a few with his band.

Then vice versa.

They were great together; lots of fun and crowd interaction, and of course; their talent.

They sang a few recent hits - "Sex is on Fire" (Kings of Leon), "Black and Gold" and even oldies from other legends - "Rio" by Duran Duran and others.

The crowd was decidedly older (40+ mostly) and well behaved, not too crowded. Proud to say my wife was one of the best looking chicks there!!

Just a bloody fantastic night, my ears were ringing and my voice was hoarse.

Tony Hadley sounds better now than he ever did; can still hit and hold those classic high notes in "True", "Gold" and others.

Hope he comes here again; we will definitely be there.

weeeeeell .... I can't talk because I went to Icehouse last month. Screamed my lungs out, jived in the mosh pit, knew all the words and had an absolute blast.

Spandau Ballet weren't "my thing". My big sister was a huge fan - I preferred (read: drooled over) Duran Duran. Younger sister was a Loverboy tragic.

Not my thing either though I did go see Duran Duran when they played with Robbie Williams. Ruined my childhood dreams. They were terrible. I always knew Simon Le Bon couldn't sing but wow. Shocker.

Back