"A Better Choice" - investments?

Hi All,

Just had a phone call call from a guy at "A Better Choice" who seemed to be selling commercial investments. Anyone heard of this organisation before? I figured I'd listen to what they have to say, but also thought it wouldn't hurt if anyone here has had any experience with them.

First impression is they sell to first investment property buyers, but the guy said he had some good commercial property investments I could be interested in.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
VYB.

So you got telemarketed by a guy who works for a property investment company........and you ...........ummmm want to know........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Understand your cynicism, I was just wondering whether anyone here had any experiences (good or bad) to help with my though processes.

And they didn't just telemarket me off a list - I'm an important client, dammit! :rolleyes:

...I was just wondering whether anyone here had any experiences (good or bad) to help with my though processes.

How's this to help your thought processes:
Go to http://www.search.asic.gov.au/gns001.html
Type in "better choice" and select the option for "All names" & search.
Most of the entries are either deregistered or removed, except for 2.
THE BETTER CHOICE PTY LTD was registered just over 12 months ago - now there's a track record of success for you. :rolleyes:
and the other is not a Pty Ltd - just a registered business name in WA.

Enjoy the free flight / free review of your finances / free lunch thingy / stay in a luxury apartment, whatever...................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Enjoy the free flight / free review of your finances / free lunch thingy / stay in a luxury apartment, whatever...................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers for the link. There'll be none of the free stuff, just a guy meeting me to show me properties and prices. My choice (and due diligence to apply...).

How are those units you bought treating you VY?

Despite much preparation and running around, they still haven't exchanged. In typical style, lawyers, vendors, real estate agents and banks haven't been able to get it together and resolve minor issues in my absence (I went overseas for a holiday). So this week I've pushed the process forward again, and expect to exchange in a couple of days.

The units actually had some structural issues (based on the bldg report), so I renegotiated the price to allow for repairs and some risk premium.

By the end of the year, though, I should have a block of nicely fixed up and renovated units for rent.

Full steam ahead! (Once the engine gets started, anyway)

How's this to help your thought processes:
Go to http://www.search.asic.gov.au/gns001.html
Type in "better choice" and select the option for "All names" & search.
Most of the entries are either deregistered or removed, except for 2.
THE BETTER CHOICE PTY LTD was registered just over 12 months ago - now there's a track record of success for you. :rolleyes:
and the other is not a Pty Ltd - just a registered business name in WA.

Propertunity
Excellent post - my interpretation was that your post was sarcastic but IMHO that is your experience being typed.

Enjoyed reading your research as I would not be able to do that, so Kudo's coming your way!

Kind Regards
Sheryn

Propertunity
Excellent post - my interpretation was that your post was sarcastic :rolleyes:but IMHO that is your experience being typed. ;)

Well thank you for the kudos Sheryn. I can be sarcastic at times :eek: (sarcasim is the lowest form of wit as they say :)) but this time it was more frustration with an older poster who actually knows better and I was politely reminding him of that fact :p

Although there are plenty of shonks who telemarket, I think it would be a mistake to automatically assume they all fit into that category. Hence the original question...

Frankly, I'm pretty skeptical, but I'm trying to practice having an open mind.

Back