A Brief History of Somersoft...

I can vaguely recall Andrew G and his postings about lease options on the old forum, and I think he had a website too?
Andrew G was a prominent early poster on Somersoft. He wrote his lease option handbook and sold it through his website…….he even had his own forum running. Unfortunately he used the same software as the first Somersoft forum used and it also became difficult to use.

Shame his website and forum disappeared long ago. Would be nice to know what he’s doing these days!!

G'day GSJ,

I caught up with AndrewG WAY BACK (2001?) with my son Adam. We travelled from Sydney to Goulburn to meet up with him. Meanwhile, he travelled up from Waggawagga to meet us (Adam and I got the better end of the deal, I'm sure - in all aspects ;) ). We spent a day with AndrewG and learned heaps that day from a young buck who was just "doing his thing".

The last I heard was that Andrew had moved North (northern NSW?) - but, since then, I've lost contact. But, can I say, this was one inspiring 30 year old !!! His thoughts were considered, worthwhile, and very valuable to the forum in those early years. But he was also controversial in his choices of IP's - one of his quotes went something like "if your Mum is worried about WHERE you invest, would that stop you?" His words were challenging (always welcome, when done with respect) and I'm sure he revved us up far more than we did him. He was streets ahead of us - we were just so grateful to be able to spend time with him.

One of his interests was with "B'n'B" - so, if you ever head North, and stop in at a B'n'B somewhere, and are greeted by Andrew Gray, you might've just met a legend.

Unfortunately, his website has long gone - it also had some "gems" that should have continued to see the light of day. But, that's life I suppose,

Regards,

G'day Dale,
DaleGG said:
A long, long day but a good one.
And, did anyone end up with the t-shirts that Nivia had printed for the day?
Umm, yep - how could I NOT buy one? And I got it signed by everybody too. It's in Bne, while I'm in Syd. But I DO recall one comment that went something like "800Km for a drink !!!" - or words to that effect.

Yeah, it was a GOOD day - we need another one, in Melbourne perhaps (?)

Regards,

I thought about buying the one about analysis paralysis , but couldn't make uo my mind .... seriously . I think Rob forward got together with a syndicate to buy that one ? MG and sim , were they involved in that ?

Cliff

My join date says oct 02 but I'm sure I joined well before that as i clearly remember the old and cumbersome forum.....and joined the Freestylers...went to a few Newcastle meetings.....

It's been a wonderful resource, especially back in the early days but I'm sad that it has become a bit of a place for some people who wish to discredit......

I owe some success to many here who have given inspiration and positivity.

A big thanks to Dale for taking us on as a client and good to see Pat contributing as well.

Thanks also to the Somers' for making it happen and the moderators/admins of course..!:D:);):cool:

Just FYI - September 27th is the 10 year anniversary of the launch of the vBulletin version of Somersoft!!

Back