A/C company gone into liquidation

Hi all,

I'm not sure whether this was the right place to put this, but here goes...

I recently purchased a ducted reverse cycle ac system. I paid an initial deposit of $390. The system has been installed all is working fine at the moment. I went to pay the remainder, only to find out the company has gone into liquidation. I have since received a letter for the liquidators requesting the final payment of $7380. The issue I have is that the company will no longer be able to provide the 5-year workmanship warranty. All parts are covered by manufacturer warranty, however have since been told I would have to cover labour for anything to do with ducting, vents, zone motors and the wall control unit. I called the liquidators regarding this, and they have offered me to pay only $7000 - a saving of $380.

What are your thoughts on this, should I offer to pay less (I was thinking around $6000-6500?

Any help would be appreciated?

Cheers,
James

Tell them to take it back, as you wanted a system that was fully covered by warranty, see what they say to that.

I agree ..

I would tell them that unless they can give a third party warranty equivalent to what the vendor was offering that they should come and thake their unit out and also refund you the deposit.

It is misleading and deceptive for them to ask you to pay for this.

Offer them $1000 for the unit and you will accept the warranty risk or tell them to come and get it and make your place like it was before they started.

It could be worth spending a couple of hundred $$ on getting the letter written by your local solicitior.

cheers

RightValue

When you see the trail of creditors and misery left by some of these liquidations, you're almost tempted to pay nothing.

Banks and the ATO are probably first in line for whatever is left. Small suppliers and subcontractors usually miss out.:mad:

I agree ..

Offer them $1000 for the unit and you will accept the warranty risk or tell them to come and get it and make your place like it was before they started.

It could be worth spending a couple of hundred $$ on getting the letter written by your local solicitior.

cheers

RightValue

I agree with RightValue surely it is not worth it to them to remove, PAY to make good your home and try to sell the unit to recover costs. It would cost them the same amount that is owed to have the unit removed.

Worth a go in my opinion:cool:

Regards

Regrow

Back